Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Udfa

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    Dimukes can play either guard or center.
    Not so sure about Finney.
    Steelers are going to try Finney at OG...

Legend

User Info Menu

Why Undrafted?:
    Reese Dismukes, C, Auburn

By Charlie Campbell

After the end of the 2014 season and in the beginning of the draft process, there were a lot of projections of Auburn center Reese Dismukes being one of the top centers in the 2015 NFL Draft. Dismukes had a successful run as the Tigers' starting center for 50 games. He was a key part of Auburn's potent rushing attack the past two seasons and was considered a smart, well-rounded player. Thus, it was surprising to some when Dismukes went undrafted despite seven centers being selected in the 2015 NFL Draft.

Sources say the reason that Dismukes went undrafted was because teams felt that Dismukes would not be a positive presence in their locker rooms. Dismukes is said to dislike certain portions of the team and segments of teammates who are in every NFL locker room. Teams didn't want to draft a player who they felt would cause problems in their locker room and divisions among the players. In the end, every team passed on Dismukes multiple times despite a good college career.

After going undrafted, Dismukes signed with the Pittsburgh Steelers. Obviously, competing for the starting position is out of the question considering the Steelers have one of the best centers in the NFL in Maurkice Pouncey. Dismukes will compete for a backup job, but that won't be easy for him to earn because he isn't a player who is viewed as a versatile game-day backup to move to guard or tackle if there is an injury. With NFL teams only dressing three backups at most, they want those backups to have versatility.

Most likely, Dismukes will have to hope that he is so much better than the other backups that he forces the Steelers to either keep him as Pouncey's backup or put him on the practice squad. If Dismukes plays well in the preseason games, another team could snatch him up if the Steelers cut him. Most important thing for Dismukes is him making a good impression on Mike Tomlin, so Tomlin would be willing to recommend him to another team if he is cut. Dismukes needs to show that the criticisms that led him to going undrafted are not true and he won't be a problem in NFL locker rooms.

[URL]http://walterfootball.com/wu2015rdismukes.php[/URL]
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

So are they playing the race card with Dismukes? Sounds like that certain portion of the locker room that he may not like could be our African American brethren.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    So are they playing the race card with Dismukes? Sounds like that certain portion of the locker room that he may not like could be our African American brethren.
    MORE THUGGERY AS AUBURN PLAYERS “ALLEGEDLY” USE RACIAL SLURS AND THREATEN A GIRL

According to CBS Atlanta and other sources, two Auburn football players recently verbally assaulted an African-American girl in a McDonalds, calling her a nigger and a bitch.

When her brother stepped forward to defend her, according to the girl’s father, Auburn center Reese Dismukes became more aggressive towards them, threatening that “he would crush him.” Understandably, this sent the brother into a rage, who ironically was the only one of the three men involved arrested by the Auburn police. Hmmmmmm.

Patrick Miller was named by the girl’s father as the other player. Miller is listed on the Auburn roster as an offensive lineman, standing 6’7″ and weighing in at 273. Dismukes is listed at 6’3″, 300. Both Miller and Dismukes are Caucasian.

And these beacons of humanity chose an African-American girl in a McDonalds as their target of aggression, using racial language unconscionable for a young man who plays alongside those who share her race, and offense for the word.

[URL]http://capstonereport.com/2012/07/24/more-thuggery-as-auburn-players-use-racial-slurs-and-threaten-a-girl/17006/#roJvD6qIgjzHUR3G.99[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

That was nearly 3 years ago. Let's hope Dismukes has grown up since then. If not, I suspect his tenure with the Steelers will be very short-lived.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Why Undrafted?:
    Reese Dismukes, C, Auburn

By Charlie Campbell

After the end of the 2014 season and in the beginning of the draft process, there were a lot of projections of Auburn center Reese Dismukes being one of the top centers in the 2015 NFL Draft. Dismukes had a successful run as the Tigers' starting center for 50 games. He was a key part of Auburn's potent rushing attack the past two seasons and was considered a smart, well-rounded player. Thus, it was surprising to some when Dismukes went undrafted despite seven centers being selected in the 2015 NFL Draft.

Sources say the reason that Dismukes went undrafted was because teams felt that Dismukes would not be a positive presence in their locker rooms. Dismukes is said to dislike certain portions of the team and segments of teammates who are in every NFL locker room. Teams didn't want to draft a player who they felt would cause problems in their locker room and divisions among the players. In the end, every team passed on Dismukes multiple times despite a good college career.

After going undrafted, Dismukes signed with the Pittsburgh Steelers. Obviously, competing for the starting position is out of the question considering the Steelers have one of the best centers in the NFL in Maurkice Pouncey. Dismukes will compete for a backup job, but that won't be easy for him to earn because he isn't a player who is viewed as a versatile game-day backup to move to guard or tackle if there is an injury. With NFL teams only dressing three backups at most, they want those backups to have versatility.

Most likely, Dismukes will have to hope that he is so much better than the other backups that he forces the Steelers to either keep him as Pouncey's backup or put him on the practice squad. If Dismukes plays well in the preseason games, another team could snatch him up if the Steelers cut him. Most important thing for Dismukes is him making a good impression on Mike Tomlin, so Tomlin would be willing to recommend him to another team if he is cut. Dismukes needs to show that the criticisms that led him to going undrafted are not true and he won't be a problem in NFL locker rooms.

[URL]http://walterfootball.com/wu2015rdismukes.php[/URL]
    That's an interesting series from Walter Football. This one surprised me:

[url]http://walterfootball.com/wu2015ltrail.php[/url]

I didn't realize that Lynden Trail went undrafted and then was not signed as a UDFA. I know that the Steelers have plenty of competition, with Jones, Lemon and Chickillo, but I'd think that Trail is worth a look as a development OLB / Elephant type of player.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    That's an interesting series from Walter Football. This one surprised me:

[URL]http://walterfootball.com/wu2015ltrail.php[/URL]

I didn't realize that Lynden Trail went undrafted and then was not signed as a UDFA. I know that the Steelers have plenty of competition, with Jones, Lemon and Chickillo, but I'd think that Trail is worth a look as a development OLB / Elephant type of player.

I just clicked on the link and read the article...it says that the Texans signed him.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

For what it's worth, Dismukes denied that he used the n word to Auburn officials.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    I just clicked on the link and read the article...it says that the Texans signed him.
    Oops. Didn't see the bottom half of the article when I first read it.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post
    For what it's worth, Dismukes denied that he used the n word to Auburn officials.
    Oh. Well then. All good. No worries.