Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Got our TE

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    you asked, I answered...
    It's amazing he lasted til the 5th! What a pick! Wow! I hope I can now still keep my Steeler fan card.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    It's amazing he lasted til the 5th! What a pick! Wow! I hope I can now still keep my Steeler fan card.
    you sure you want to do this......

again?
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

you sure you want to do this......

again?
    What? Express that I'm not doing flips over a pick? If he turns out to be Gronk like some of you are predicting then we all win.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    What? Express that I'm not doing flips over a pick? If he turns out to be Gronk like some of you are predicting then we all win.
    Gronk? If he turns into a Spaeth or poor mans Heath Miller I will be happy

would you like more straw sir?
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Rookie

User Info Menu

The "love every pick" argument and "next Gronk" argument are just straw men. Nobody ever said it wasn't okay to feel less than positive about a draft pick. Just don't be surprised when someone comes up with a counterpoint to a prejudgment.
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

god forbid you criticize anything the steelers do on an internet message board

superfans are hilarious

Legend

User Info Menu

Late in the draft, you aren't going to find complete players right out of the box anymore. You look for guys that have certain unteachable traits that you might be able to work with and possibly make something out of the guy. James has size that you can't teach. Put him in the TE room with Heath and Spaeth and let him learn for a year or two and then see what you have. He's a guy that I expect to make the final 53, but likely be deactivated on most gamedays as a rookie unless he has some significant special teams prowess (which is more than we've gotten from recent 5th round picks of the last several years...we seem to do much better in the 6th, 7th, and UDFA than with 5th rounders for some reason).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Gronk? If he turns into a Spaeth or poor mans Heath Miller I will be happy

would you like more straw sir?
    Hyperbole isn't strawman...but you already know that.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    god forbid you criticize anything the steelers do on an internet message board

superfans are hilarious
    They are funny. Say something even slightly negative and you will have at least 4-5 breathing down your neck like you just slept with their wives.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    The "love every pick" argument and "next Gronk" argument are just straw men. Nobody ever said it wasn't okay to feel less than positive about a draft pick. Just don't be surprised when someone comes up with a counterpoint to a prejudgment.
    When have you ever not liked a draft pick? Is it really strawman? With you, that statement isn't even hyperbole...just flat out truth. You are a Steeler fanboy...and your only contribution is rah rah and being the rose color enforcer.
    Trolls are people too.