Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Grade the Draft through 3 Rounds

Starter

User Info Menu

rd1 B We shall soon see if this drop was simply happenstance.

rd2 A- A lot of similar types there taking him was significant.

rd3 B- Many would have preferred even more D here. [me too]

See ya'll tomorrow. Oh! Put in the 1st string pickers today.

Legend

User Info Menu

A-

I didnt see a lot of Dupree in college but I like his size and how they moved him around. I can see him getting on the field this year in sub packages.

I actually like our day 2 picks better than our 1st rounder. Golson played a ton of zone and plays the ball. He is Deshea 2.0.

Coates high points the ball well... remins me of Kelvin Benjamin.
    We took the PBA in each rd. LOL
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 7 UP View Post
    Bud Dupree, I did not like this pick. However, he was highly rated, and does have some upside. If it works out could be a steal where we drafted him. B-

Senquez Gomez, Could have been had in the 3rd round. REACH. C-(Being Kind)

Sammy Coats, No need for a WR here. This pick boggles my mind. F

Overall grade D
    I know that I'm going to trust the scouting prowess of someone that gives our second round pick the last name of completely different ethnicity (have there been many quality Latino cornerbacks in the NFL?) and actually managed to misspell Sammie Coates' first AND last name. Shows that you really did you homework on these guys before deeming them to be failures.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I know that I'm going to trust the scouting prowess of someone that gives our second round pick the last name of completely different ethnicity (have there been many quality Latino cornerbacks in the NFL?) and actually managed to misspell Sammie Coates' first AND last name. Shows that you really did you homework on these guys before deeming them to be failures.
    Or it could be the auto correct on the swiftkey keyboard I use on galaxy has lead me a stray. Either way Im willing to give Gomez a shot at corner. An all latino defensive backfield of Cortez and Gomez would be sick.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 7 UP View Post
    Or it could be the auto correct on the swiftkey keyboard I use on galaxy has lead me a stray. Either way Im willing to give Gomez a shot at corner. An all latino defensive backfield of Cortez and Gomez would be sick.
    Well, since we just lost the Tasmanian Devil in our secondary, we could certainly use a Speedy Gonzalez in the secondary. Senquez is roughly the same height as Speedy too.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Well, since we just lost the Tasmanian Devil in our secondary, we could certainly use a Speedy Gonzalez in the secondary. Senquez is roughly the same height as Speedy too.
    We have Shamarko and Senquez...I've been waiting for the remark about adding Dopey and Sneezy to our secondary as well.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    We have Shamarko and Senquez...I've been waiting for the remark about adding Dopey and Sneezy to our secondary as well.
    We passed on Dopey in round 1 when we took Dupree over Ray and Gregory

Legend

User Info Menu

1st round - inc.
    2nd round - inc.
    3rd round - inc.

stay tuned for the rest of my grades as the draft plays out.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Big fan of Dupree in the 1st, he's got the speed, size & strength to set the edge & should be be coached to terrorize RTs for the foreseeable future.

As for Golson...a little skeptical due to the size, but he's produced against a premier conference so time will tell. That said, the thought of Golson coming up to take out a pulling lineman is either comical or scary...haven't decided yet lol.

Like the pick of Coates...when we go four-wide defenses should be on their heels - I see a lot of crossing routes for AB after Bryant & Coates clear out the top of the secondary. Plus, if Wheaton doesn't pan out we've got talented young guys waiting in the wings.

Grant is a decent pick-up with starting experience from a big-time program, but not sure if he's anything special except for depth & the prospect of being able to play either CB or Safety.

I do do have problem with the pick of TE Jesse James though...would've liked to see either another OLB or some D-line depth. Kyle Emmanuel or Tyeler Davinson were within reach & both have high upside at positions of need.
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust & sweat & blood...