Thread: SKL's first and FINAL Mock

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

SKL's first and FINAL Mock

I know I haven't been on here as much this year as in years past.....and this is usually my most active time of year to post....but better late than never.

First I would love to see us trade down into the first couple picks of the 2nd round and pick up an extra 3rd as after the first 10 players the next 50 are pretty similar.

1) Marcus Peters-CB-Wash--I don't think his off the field issues are enough to take him off Colbert's board (I know they aren't). Talent/Value
    2) Danielle Hunter-EDGE-LSU-- This pick may take a year to reach full potential but the ceiling is High....very High (Nate Orchard is possible here great character)
    3) Alex Carter-DB-Stanford---Versatility and talent win here. He can contribute in Nickel and Dime right away (would be happy with Josh Shaw also)
    4) Jeremy Langford-RB-MSU---hoping he falls here but I'm sure NFL people think more of him than the media goons (would take David Johnson here also)
    5) Blake Bell-TE-OU---the kid is a FOOTBALL PLAYER, he can be #3 for a year or two....hone his craft and step in for Heath when he is ready
    6) Titus Davis-WR-Central Michigan---again hoping he makes it to this pick......back to the Chippewa well
    6c) Sean Hickey-OL-Syracuse---Probably nothing more than a practice squad player to start.....but we always need to be developing OL depth
    7) Julian Wilson-DB-OU---Versatile size speed athlete probably translates best to Safety.....another likely PS player who could take Will Allen's spot in 2016
    Last edited by steelerkeylargo; 04-29-2015 at 10:53 PM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Fantastic first 3 picks. Not very big on Langford, definitely don't want him to backup bell just because he's backed up bell before.

I think hickey could go quite a bit higher than that but I would loveeeeee that pick

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I like this draft in general. My problem with Hunter is the sack numbers. Technique is part of it, but he is also late off the snap. Sometimes this can't be fixed.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    I know I haven't been on here as much this year as in years past.....and this is usually my most active time of year to post....but better late than never.

First I would love to see us trade down into the first couple picks of the 2nd round and pick up an extra 3rd as after the first 10 players the next 50 are pretty similar.

1) Marcus Peters-CB-Wash--I don't think his off the field issues are enough to take him off Colbert's board (I know they aren't). Talent/Value
    2) Danielle Hunter-EDGE-LSU-- This pick may take a year to reach full potential but the ceiling is High....very High (Nate Orchard is possible here great character)
    3) Alex Carter-DB-Stanford---Versatility and talent win here. He can contribute in Nickel and Dime right away (would be happy with Josh Shaw also)
    4) Jeremy Langford-RB-MSU---hoping he falls here but I'm sure NFL people think more of him than the media goons (would take David Johnson here also)
    5) Blake Bell-TE-OU---the kid is a FOOTBALL PLAYER, he can be #3 for a year or two....hone his craft and step in for Heath when he is ready
    6) Titus Davis-WR-Central Michigan---again hoping he makes it to this pick......back to the Chippewa well
    6c) Sean Hickey-OL-Syracuse---Probably nothing more than a practice squad player to start.....but we always need to be developing OL depth
    7) Julian Wilson-DB-OU---Versatile size speed athlete probably translates best to Safety.....another likely PS player who could take Will Allen's spot in 2016
    Were you checking out my signature? Different order but two of them the same.

Pappy

The 2024 Pittsburgh Steeler draft

1.20 - Troy Fautanu, T, Washington
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia
    3.84 - Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan
    3.98 - Payton Wilson, LB, UNC
    4.119 - Mason McCprmick, OG, S. Dakota St
    7.178 - Logan Lee, DT, Iowa
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

I like it. I'd go with Orchard over Hunter. I really like the rest of this.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Were you checking out my signature? Different order but two of them the same.

Pappy
    Ha!! I actually had O'Leary in for a minute. I think Bell has a higher upside.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    I think Bell has a higher upside.
    can Bell block?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    can Bell block?
    I would say at this point he still needs work....BUT....better than O'Leary