Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Flippy-Rooneying the Script

Legend

User Info Menu

I am with Flippy on this one. If you can't stop the run or put heat on the QB I don't care who you have in the secondary.

Legend

User Info Menu

I say our first round pick is Shelton, Brown, or Goldman. The DL would then be set. We add an OLB in the second, and add CBs third and fifth. Sprinkle in a TE in the fourth and round out the draft RB, G, DL.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    SMH....McClendon gets no love. The guy is good.
    29 years old, fighting the injury bug the past few seasons and soon to be a UFA. He will want his big payday as it is more than likely his last NFL contract. Someone will overpay for him. He has no future in the 'Burgh.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm good with going either line- OL or DL. I actually expect the "value" to fall in around our pick for both positions as I think the top CB's & OLB's will be gone by our pick.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Legend

User Info Menu

If they look at #1 rated player at his position still on the board the surprise would be Maxx Williams. I could see that before a Nose Tackle. I think they see potential in McCullers and like McLendon more than the board does.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chucktownsteeler View Post
    29 years old, fighting the injury bug the past few seasons and soon to be a UFA. He will want his big payday as it is more than likely his last NFL contract. Someone will overpay for him. He has no future in the 'Burgh.
    What kind of bull**** narrative is this? Someone will over pay because he will want a "big payday" I'm sure he will want one but he certainly won't get one. He'll command a very medium contract

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    What kind of bull**** narrative is this? Someone will over pay because he will want a "big payday" I'm sure he will want one but he certainly won't get one. He'll command a very medium contract
    someone will overpay, book-it. It may be a Miami or an Arizona, but he will be looking for his last big payday. The Steelers will pass on re-signing him and rightfully so. He is serviceable at best against the pass but gets pushed around way to much against the run. We need to concentrate on DL and OLB before we begin looking at CB. Plus CB position is deep this year.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

nobody is giving mclendon a big payday at 30 years old

Legend

User Info Menu

McClendon has never commanded a double team and thats partly why our run D has suffered. Last year we were 6th in total run yards, but 25th in yards/attempt. Big Dan needs to learn technique and when he does we will be set.
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    If they look at #1 rated player at his position still on the board the surprise would be Maxx Williams. I could see that before a Nose Tackle. I think they see potential in McCullers and like McLendon more than the board does.
    I'd be shocked if they take Max Williams. They have met with almost every other TE except for Max.