Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: McShay says the pick at #22 is...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Yeah, both players have weaknesses in their respective games. Mosley gets abused in coverage and not just against Le'Veon Bell.

We'll have to see what NFL coaching and weight training regimens can do for each player...
    Mosley was actually known for his coverage ability in college. Shazier was not.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    He also sat in shallow zones at OSU and exploded to the ball carrier or towards the catch...hes far from a finished product. I expect a lot more blitzing and a lot more responsibilities.

Also, the coaches insist on being more multiple....hes an all pro if they give him similar responsibilities for a WILL backer and keep him untouched....on the flip side he will have some growing pains like Timmons and even Farrior had in becoming a 34 MLB
    That is true. I think the coaches geared his game to keep him clean and allow him to spot the ball and react rather than "thumping". Which in all honesty is where he needs to be unless he can continue to grow in the weight room and with his technique. He is certainly a work in progress with an All Pro ceiling.
    Trolls are people too.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I don't disagree. I have seen Shaziers entire career. I know what he does well and what he doesn't. He is uber quick, twitchy and can find the ball. Terrific traits and understand why the Steelers drafted him. If he stays healthy he will indeed be a playmaker. With that said, Mosley is no doubt more fundamentally sound. And while I wouldn't consider him a sledge hammer, his technique is near perfect and he leverages well and you will rarely see him out of position. He can shed OLmen better than Shazier, and he tends to be where he is supposed to be. Shazier is a guy who will have a game where he looks like a monster, and another where he is a liability because much like Troy he takes chances...but doesn't have the instincts Troy has. Combine that with a near total inability to shed a block, and you will have issues. He will have games where he gets owned and the DC realizes all you have to do to neutralize him is run right at him.
    You can teach shedding blocks and he's no doubt going to get stronger. Intangibles alone he has a really high ceiling and he's always around the ball. I'm not worried about him at all so long as he can stay healthy.
    Last edited by Snatch98; 04-24-2015 at 01:55 PM.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Mosley was actually known for his coverage ability in college. Shazier was not.
    Now, he is known for needing to improve his coverage skills in the NFL.
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Now, he is known for needing to improve his coverage skills in the NFL.
    He was also a rookie...who made the pro bowl so there is that.
    Trolls are people too.

Rookie

User Info Menu

He was also a rookie...who made the pro bowl so there is that.
    If he stays healthy, he may make another one.
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Show me mosley "locking horns" id love to see it.
    I heard all last season about how great Mosely was, and then saw the Steelers abuse him without Ngata in the lineup in front of him. It is much easier being a MLB when there is a bulldozer in front of you clearing the way.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    I heard all last season about how great Mosely was, and then saw the Steelers abuse him without Ngata in the lineup in front of him. It is much easier being a MLB when there is a bulldozer in front of you clearing the way.
    Guess we should expect a Pro Bowl season out of Stephen Tulloch in Detroit this year!
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    Ngata was a shell of the player he used to be. Every MLB needs a guy/s in the middle. McClendon is a very good NT, despite what you might think.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

ngata had a good season

i dont understand why everyone here obsesses with mosely like hes a god lol

Let it go, let it go
    Can't hold it back anymore
    Let it go, let it go
    Turn away and slam the door!

I don't care
    What they're going to say
    Let the storm rage on,