Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: A Brown to skip

Backup

User Info Menu

Ben tries to get laid a little to aggressive.
    Bell doesn't understand smoking and getting high in a car is DUI

Both getting paid!

Brown was a low draft pick, wasn't paid right away like those #1's above and yet has done nothing but excel both on and off the field and yet we are all having issues with his contract and feel he should play it out. "COME ON MAN"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    me and a buddy of mine went to a bar the other day for a beer and burger. i ordered a bacon double cheese and he had a chili burger, each was $8. my burger was fantastic. my buddies was dry and skimpy on the meat.
    when the waitress asked about our meals, i told her mine was great but my buddies was disappointing. she came back later with the bills. when i cashed out, i voluntarily gave her an additional $8. she asked what the extra money was for. i said, 'well my buddies burger sucked, mine was great, so i thought i should give more money for it even tho the price on the menu was $8".
    she looked at me and said, "are you f@cking retarted"
    Ok well 3 years later after rave reviews that same burger led the league in receiving yards, was second all time in catches, and was damn near uncoverable. You go back, now that the burger is famous and world renowned on the food network the price is now $11....do you demand the burger for $8 because you got it for that price before everyone discovered it or do you just pay the $11 so you can sink your teeth into the savory goodness again?

Backup

User Info Menu

All I know is the Peppi's # 7 was only $7.00 and its now $8.50. WTF!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Yeah, the burger story is off point, and that waitress can't spell.

Backup

User Info Menu

yeah the burger story only made me hungry for burgers.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hausparty View Post
    Brown was a low draft pick, wasn't paid right away like those #1's above and yet has done nothing but excel both on and off the field and yet we are all having issues with his contract and feel he should play it out. "COME ON MAN"
    do you think it's reasonable to expect a player to at least get halfway through his contract before he renegotiates?

Backup

User Info Menu

84 needs some guaranteed money and its not going to hurt the steelers to resign him now and lock him up for his PRIME years! AB is smart and I'm sure his agent is also smart and they know what they are doing.
    It's April! Who gives a crap about this until the mandatory camp begins. Whenever Troy's money frees up we can get it done and they will.

Backup

User Info Menu

do you think it's reasonable to expect a player to at least get halfway through his contract before he renegotiates?
    I personally love what the steelers do in regard to contract negotiations and love that they wait till 1 year is left and 2 for their QB and coaching staff. Everyone knows this approach and it works for the Pittsburgh Steelers. We avoid a lof of issues that other teams usually face such as AB's situation. But with that being said AB again was a low draft pick and got little to no money on that deal! Once the Steelers were set on Wallace leaving they rolled the dice and took a chance on AB but again its not guaranteed money and he out performed that easily in 3 seasons. This guy Karate Kid the Browns punter, I mean that alone is worth a few million. This guy is that exciting to watch, he's a tremendous leader, his camp story about the autographs was never done before, and his smile is very Hines Ward like. This guy has quietly done his job and then some and he does deserve some guaranteed money at the very least and like many articles read this can actually help the steelers financially by reporting some of the salary as a bonus. It's not the normal steeler situation nor was it when they signed him back in 2012 as that was unheard of and I was at that camp when it happened. The Killer B's need to be together for 5 more seasons so we can get 1 or 2 more rings. Everyone else is just a piece to the puzzle but these guys are part of the border that holds it all together.

Legend

User Info Menu

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Ok well 3 years later after rave reviews that same burger led the league in receiving yards, was second all time in catches, and was damn near uncoverable. You go back, now that the burger is famous and world renowned on the food network the price is now $11....do you demand the burger for $8 because you got it for that price before everyone discovered it or do you just pay the $11 so you can sink your teeth into the savory goodness again?

i dont demand the burger for what i paid for it 3 years ago, i pay for it what the price is on the menu at the time i order it. if the bar owner still has it on the menu for $8, i order it. if he raises the price to $11, i debate whether it is worth it based on how much money i have in my wallet and how that extra burger money will effect the other stuff i want to buy. i surely dont give him more than then what the menu states just because i really liked it.
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown