Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: A Brown to skip

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    good point, half black doesn't really count...
    Unless you are the President.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hausparty View Post
    AB has 3 years left on a STEAL of a deal looking back on it! Anyone who can't see that is crazy and or blind.
    AB deserves to be paid and once he's paid he will go right back to be an amazing guy for the city of PIttsburgh just like AKA Hines Ward who also held out.
    AB had 3 starts when the Steelers gave him a $8.5 million dollar signing bonus and a $42 million contract. A contract that many questioned at that time, thinking it was too high.

Lets not re-write history. AB got paid.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Unless you are the President.
    Hines and the President both have something else in common too.

neither was born in the United States...

Backup

User Info Menu

and he appreciated that in 2012, 2013, and 2014.
    I think in the corporate office many of us go into our boss's office and demand raises or at least inquire. Maybe they are taking on a little more than they did 3 years ago and feel like they deserve more money? You can either accept NO for an answer or you can quit your job. PERIOD. We already had a guy quit on our team who could have received 10 million a year possibly. It can happen.
    AB is in his PRIME and he knows it and he is also smart and knows the Steelers have free money NOW. All the key players are locked up and despite others who claim that this will lead others to do the same thing. Really? Who is this caliber that we can't afford to let walk? Huge difference and it should be treated as such. AB is a true STUD and the ultimate game changer and what he does for this franchise and fans is one of a kind.

Even this story was pretty low key in my opinion which means he probably already asked behind the scenes and was told NO and therefore a small story in April about him missing practices pops up. I mean really, this is a non story and its going to be a non issue pretty soon. Ben for President because he's white, AB for Vice.

Legend

User Info Menu

me and a buddy of mine went to a bar the other day for a beer and burger. i ordered a bacon double cheese and he had a chili burger, each was $8. my burger was fantastic. my buddies was dry and skimpy on the meat.
    when the waitress asked about our meals, i told her mine was great but my buddies was disappointing. she came back later with the bills. when i cashed out, i voluntarily gave her an additional $8. she asked what the extra money was for. i said, 'well my buddies burger sucked, mine was great, so i thought i should give more money for it even tho the price on the menu was $8".
    she looked at me and said, "are you f@cking retarded"
    Last edited by squidkid; 04-21-2015 at 05:21 PM.
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    AB had 3 starts when the Steelers gave him a $8.5 million dollar signing bonus and a $42 million contract. A contract that many questioned at that time, thinking it was too high.

Yup...a modest signing bonus of $8.5 million in case he did not pan out once he was counted on to be a regular starter. But if he did pan out (and he did, of course), then he would be rewarded later with base salaries of $6 million in 2015, $8.25 million in 2016, and $8.71 million in 2017 (and he gets more and more of that guaranteed each year when they restructure and convert base salary into signing bonus for cap purposes). That may not be the payouts that the franchise-tagged Demaryius Bryant and Dez Bryant are expected to get when they sign long term deals, but their contracts are up now, so they can take advantage of being free agents at the right time. Neither guy signed long term deals after their second year in the league like AB did, which means that they are eligible to cash in even more now...Brown does not have that leverage at his disposal.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Backup

User Info Menu

unless you guys can find a better White WR for cheaper we need to get this done.

Backup

User Info Menu

RuthlessBurgher's POST - SMART

Burger story is dumb as hell and that waitress was correct.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post

but as we see it wasn't too high.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Backup

User Info Menu

I just noticed my Join date was 2012. Wait what else happened that year? AB was signed. Maybe I'm AB!