Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Flippy Mock 1.0 - 2015 Edition - Down and Dirty

Legend

User Info Menu

Flippy Mock 1.0 - 2015 Edition - Down and Dirty

It's the most wonderful time of the year. Time to put up one of the most ridiculous mocks on the board. I'm probably out of my mind on half of these picks. I've been swamped lately and haven't had as much time to research all the players as I would have liked. However, this had to be done quickly - down and dirty...

Round 1 - Owamagbe Odighizuwa - UCLA - OLB - 6'3" - 270lbs

I'm going to take a stab that his hips are fine since he had his surgery 2 years ago. He's just too big, athletic, and dominant to pass up. Typing his name is a Nigerian Nightmare...

Round 2 - Danielle Hunter - LSU - OLB - 6'5" - 252lbs

A guy with a girl's name just has to have a chip on his shoulder and something to prove. I've seen some tape where Danielle looks like he needs work and some where he jumps off the screen. He's probably got the most upside of any OLB in this draft. Just needs some work, but I say he's worth the risk with all that potential.

Round 3 - Steven Nelson - Oregon State - CB - 5'10" - 197lbs

I think this kid might be the most ready CB in the draft to come in and compete and play immediately. He's just got the IT factor and is ready to contribute in the nickle and/or dime day 1.

Round 4 - Clayton Geathers - Central Florida - S - 6'2" - 218lbs

Big, physical, and fierce competitor. Uses his size well and likes to hit. I think this kid is the perfect project for Lake.

Round 5 - Charles Gaines - Louisville - CB - 5'10" - 180lbs

Another CB I really like because of his ability to play the ball in the air. He's one of the best athletes at the position. Doesn't have ideal size or physicality. But the kid is fluid in coverage and fast.

Round 6 - Corey Grant - Auburn - RB - 5'9" - 201lbs

Later in the draft, I say swing for the fences. How bout another Fast Willie Parker? This kid is lightning fast.

Round 6 - Wes Saxton - South Alabama - TE - 6'3" - 248lbs

Take another chance in round 6 and draft the first player ever out of South Alabama. Wes has the size and speed to turn into a versatile weapon at TE in the NFL. This isn't a great year for TEs, but I think this long shot has the potential to be a fantastic H Back.

Round 7 - David Parry - Stanford - NT - 6'1" - 308lbs

I hate waiting this long to grab a NT because I think it's a position of need for us. I say take a chance on a smart, hard working kid from Stanford. He's got the build to be an anchor in our 3-4 if he gets in the weight room and gets a little stronger.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

If down and dirty gets us Double-O, then call me Pigpen. Without knowing a whole heck of a lot about the players at the bottom of your list, I ike it!

Legend

User Info Menu

Flippy - I like it. This draft is deep at CB so I agree they go OLB in round 1. I am to sure they go back-to-back OLB, but I think the first 3 rounds looks something like this:

1.) OLB
    2.) CB
    3.) CB

or

1.) OLB
    2.) CB
    3.) OLB

This all goes out the window if somehow Danny Shelton falls to #22. Don't rule out Eddie Goldman in round 2 either, if he makes it to our selection.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I give it a C+.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    It's the most wonderful time of the year. Time to put up one of the most ridiculous mocks on the board. I'm probably out of my mind on half of these picks. I've been swamped lately and haven't had as much time to research all the players as I would have liked. However, this had to be done quickly - down and dirty...

Round 1 - Owamagbe Odighizuwa - UCLA - OLB - 6'3" - 270lbs

I'm going to take a stab that his hips are fine since he had his surgery 2 years ago. He's just too big, athletic, and dominant to pass up. Typing his name is a Nigerian Nightmare...

Round 2 - Danielle Hunter - LSU - OLB - 6'5" - 252lbs

A guy with a girl's name just has to have a chip on his shoulder and something to prove. I've seen some tape where Danielle looks like he needs work and some where he jumps off the screen. He's probably got the most upside of any OLB in this draft. Just needs some work, but I say he's worth the risk with all that potential.

Round 3 - Steven Nelson - Oregon State - CB - 5'10" - 197lbs

I think this kid might be the most ready CB in the draft to come in and compete and play immediately. He's just got the IT factor and is ready to contribute in the nickle and/or dime day 1.

Round 4 - Clayton Geathers - Central Florida - S - 6'2" - 218lbs

Big, physical, and fierce competitor. Uses his size well and likes to hit. I think this kid is the perfect project for Lake.

Round 5 - Charles Gaines - Louisville - CB - 5'10" - 180lbs

Another CB I really like because of his ability to play the ball in the air. He's one of the best athletes at the position. Doesn't have ideal size or physicality. But the kid is fluid in coverage and fast.

Round 6 - Corey Grant - Auburn - RB - 5'9" - 201lbs

Later in the draft, I say swing for the fences. How bout another Fast Willie Parker? This kid is lightning fast.

Round 6 - Wes Saxton - South Alabama - TE - 6'3" - 248lbs

Take another chance in round 6 and draft the first player ever out of South Alabama. Wes has the size and speed to turn into a versatile weapon at TE in the NFL. This isn't a great year for TEs, but I think this long shot has the potential to be a fantastic H Back.

Round 7 - David Parry - Stanford - NT - 6'1" - 308lbs

I hate waiting this long to grab a NT because I think it's a position of need for us. I say take a chance on a smart, hard working kid from Stanford. He's got the build to be an anchor in our 3-4 if he gets in the weight room and gets a little stronger.
    I love your first four picks. Great work
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Rookie

User Info Menu

I like the picks, but I am confused:

Is "down and dirty" being used to describe the mock draft? Or is it describing Flippy?
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    I like the picks, but I am confused:

Is "down and dirty" being used to describe the mock draft? Or is it describing Flippy?
    LOL, Take it how you will I meant the draft picks. I didn't put as much time into as I would have liked.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel View Post
    If down and dirty gets us Double-O, then call me Pigpen. Without knowing a whole heck of a lot about the players at the bottom of your list, I ike it!
    I don't know alot about my 6th and 7th rounders. But I watched some quick highlights of some RBs, TEs, and DTs that would fall into this neighborhood and saw some things I liked in each of those guys. There may very well be better value picks available at those spots. And those guys could end up being UDFAs for all I know. Just something I liked about each of them.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chucktownsteeler View Post
    Flippy - I like it. This draft is deep at CB so I agree they go OLB in round 1. I am to sure they go back-to-back OLB, but I think the first 3 rounds looks something like this:

1.) OLB
    2.) CB
    3.) CB

or

1.) OLB
    2.) CB
    3.) OLB

This all goes out the window if somehow Danny Shelton falls to #22. Don't rule out Eddie Goldman in round 2 either, if he makes it to our selection.
    I have been thinking about the top end of the draft a bit and I wouldn't be surprised if they wait on some CBs if their guy isn't there in the early rounds because CB is deep.

I was thinking DBs are less important than a pass rush and I'm not convinced we have 2 starting OLBs for the long haul. OO is huge and DH is built like a freak where I think his frame can get even bigger. I think a case can be made for bigger OLBs giving you situational flexibility because there are a lot more packages with 4 DL in the modern NFL and our traditionally smaller OLBs don't always cut the mustard and get swallowed up by the Ts.

My first thought when looking at those 2 guys was those are the size OLBs that will end up in Baltimore or NE, so we should take them instead. If we can control the LOS upfront, it's easier on all the DBs. And while the big corners who can tackle have been the staple of DLs D, I think the smaller more versatile guys can get more playing time in the nickle and dime in the modern pass happy NFL.

I see a slight shift where you want bigger and more athletic front 7. Your OLBs have to be hybrid DEs. Your MLBs have to be big safeties. Your Ss have to be the big men in your backfield. And corners are going to be more valuable if they're the fluid guys that can cover in the slot.

While we need corners, I still think we're in an ok position with our starters if we get more pressure up front.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I love your first four picks. Great work
    I definitely know more about the guys at the top end of the draft than I do the later round picks.