Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mock Mock

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    I too would like to see DD and Foster switch sides. I agree that Adams would be a better run-blocking RT than Gilbert, but I think he's not as good at pass pro, and that's why Gilby is the starter. I don't know that we have a true LT on the roster (although Beachum has exceeded expectations)...I'd like to see the Steelers get that LT, and put Beachum on the other side, where I think he would prove to be a better all-around RT than the other two.
    In a BPA scenario, if it came down to having to take an OT at #22, I wouldn't be upset. At least, not with the selection. I would be mad that the draft didn't fall a more advantageous way for the Steelers. Cause while you can't have enough LTs, the O-line is not the highest priority right now. Not at #22. I would have no problem moving Beachum to RT and plugging a Collins or Peat in at LT(when the time was right, of course), though. If this were to happen, the clock would really be ticking for Adams.

That, also, would be fine with me.

The Steelers can add a pass rusher in round 2 and a DB in round 3. Something like that, perhaps.

I just don't see landing a player like Collins or Peat to be a bad thing. Not one bit.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I love Munch, but how much "magic" has he been able to work with Mike Adams, a guy with a load of "potential"?

I think there may be a fair dropoff from Peat to someone like Donovan Smith...but I'll be the first to admit that I'm not the greatest at evaluating talent coming out of college.
    I'm horrible at evaluating talent. I tend to think everyone looks good. So it just takes a little nudge to get me on just about anyone's bandwagon

If T is the BPA, I say go for it. We need help everywhere we can get it. I can't wait til draft day.

Legend

User Info Menu

I was talking to my brother over the weekend & we came to the agreement that OT might very well be the 'best value' position for the Steelers at #22. Peat had his issues with Nate Orchard, sure, but he is quite a specimen. A true LT- something we have not had in quite some time- possibly since Wayne Gandy.

Things to keep in mind- Peat is 21 (or is he 20? He's young), he's been a starter for 2 years (or was it 3?), he plays in a big program against big competition, Ben just got signed for 6 years, Beachum is in his last year on his contract.... there are a lot of ticks there, not to mention his superior athletisism & good character....
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Darius Robinson DT
    2. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Mike Sainristil CB
    3. Beaux Limmer OC
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Travis Glover OT
    7. Josh Proctor S

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    I was talking to my brother over the weekend & we came to the agreement that OT might very well be the 'best value' position for the Steelers at #22. Peat had his issues with Nate Orchard, sure, but he is quite a specimen. A true LT- something we have not had in quite some time- possibly since Wayne Gandy.

Things to keep in mind- Peat is 21 (or is he 20? He's young), he's been a starter for 2 years (or was it 3?), he plays in a big program against big competition, Ben just got signed for 6 years, Beachum is in his last year on his contract.... there are a lot of ticks there, not to mention his superior athletisism & good character....
    If Peat is the pick that would be a interesting O-line with 2 Stanford players and 2 Florida guys. Am I reading now a days that Beachum will play as good or better at guard? Not that many years ago people on this and other forums were set on fire for saying Willie Colon should make the move. I like the pick IF Peat is BPA and Beachum can replace Foster hopefully as a upgrade.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

If Peat is the BPA and all corners that are graded in the first (Peters, Waynes, Collins, Johnson) are gone...slide Beachum to left guard and kick out Foster.
    2022 NFL Mock Draft
    -------------------------------------------
    1. Malik Willis, QB; Liberty
    2. Daniel Faalele, OT; Minnesota
    3. Dante Stills, DT; West Virginia
    7. Riley Moss, CB; Iowa

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Peat would be a bad first round pick...he just doesnt play like one. His stock needs to be where Jon martins was....second round.

I like Rollins but man everyone on message boards would hate him when hes not a day one starters and rookie of the year candidate

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rara View Post
    If Peat is the BPA and all corners that are graded in the first (Peters, Waynes, Collins, Johnson) are gone...slide Beachum to left guard and kick out Foster.
    That should be the plan when Foster's contract is up anyway. He is just serviceable but not made for the zone run blocking that Munchak is doing now. Plus easier to pay Beachum money as a Guard rather than Left Tackle money
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

What makes anyone think Beachum could play guard? It takes everything hes good away and will show everything hes bad at

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    What makes anyone think Beachum could play guard? It takes everything hes good away and will show everything hes bad at
    Yeah, I want a mauler at guard not a technician. Beachum is the latter, not the former.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.