Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Bell suspended...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    damn... hope it gets reduced to 2 games after the appeal. Seems stiff for a first offense but we know why.
    I'm willing to bet a lot of $ that the suspension will be reduced to two games...

Backup

User Info Menu

Goodell gets a fat, friggin "F-" for making the NFL a soft-@$$, BS rule-laden, farce!!!!

Can't so much as touch the QB with a finger (Ben excluded), can't hit a defenseless receiver, can't
    trash talk, can't celebrate a TD, sack, or hard tackle.

Is there anybody out there who can explain to me the rule of a completed catch??!!

It goes without saying that the Pats* get a free pass on all the above...Goody, and Krafty have a
    hide-the-willie love affair going on, so don't be surprised if they get all the calls!!!!

JD
    The Pittsburgh Steelers: There is NO other Team!

http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/q...6jpg-1-1-1.jpg

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I feel your pain.... we are all very angry...[URL="https://youtu.be/XlVoD17y5y4"]
    https://youtu.be/XlVoD17y5y4[/URL]
    Last edited by Discipline of Steel; 04-10-2015 at 11:59 PM.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'm not angry about this in the least. I really wouldn't have been upset with 4 games. He was not only using an illegal substance, but doing it behind the wheel of a car. Not only that, but he did it prior to work in a manner of speaking.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    I'm not angry about this in the least. I really wouldn't have been upset with 4 games. He was not only using an illegal substance, but doing it behind the wheel of a car. Not only that, but he did it prior to work in a manner of speaking.
    $$$$$
    It's serious business to be driving impaired. I hope Bell has learned his lesson. I'm just glad nobody got killed or injured because of his stupidity.

I think what some of the other posters are concerned about is that the league hasn't been consistent with their discipline for DUIs. One player gets one game, another gets three. But inconsistency has been the story of Uncle Rog's regime.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    $$$$$
    It's serious business to be driving impaired. I hope Bell has learned his lesson. I'm just glad nobody got killed or injured because of his stupidity.

I think what some of the other posters are concerned about is that the league hasn't been consistent with their discipline for DUIs. One player gets one game, another gets three. But inconsistency has been the story of Uncle Rog's regime.
    It was my understanding that both Bell and Blount got one game for the weed. Bell got two more because he was the driver. I know the NFL hasn't been consistent on much, but it appears that those who complain that Blount got less time because he went to the Patriots are a bit off on this one.

Legend

User Info Menu

I agree with this. Football is only a game, stuff like this kills people.

Legend

User Info Menu

It was my understanding that both Bell and Blount got one game for the weed. Bell got two more because he was the driver. I know the NFL hasn't been consistent on much, but it appears that those who complain that Blount got less time because he went to the Patriots are a bit off on this one.
    I'm not at all upset about Bell's punishment relative to Blount's. When you drive impaired, that's a lot more serious, IMO. But Dwayne Bowe only got one game for DUI--and he was speeding, to boot. These are the kind of inconsistencies that exasperate fans.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    I'm not at all upset about Bell's punishment relative to Blount's. When you drive impaired, that's a lot more serious, IMO. But Dwayne Bowe only got one game for DUI--and he was speeding, to boot. These are the kind of inconsistencies that exasperate fans.
    You hit the nail on the head. If Bellcow is suspended one entire season for his crime because thats the rule, then so be it. But the rule at the time of commission was one game for a DUI, at least as far as Bowe was punished. The rules need to be clearly stated and evenly applied. Also, cant change the punishment after the fact and then retro it....this isnt Russia. The worst of all though, is that Bell's punishment doesn't match either of the rules, before or after...now we are into that shady area where its just up to whatever Goodell thinks is best. And he has proven to be highly inconsistent on this....particularly when dealing with the Steelers. Evidence of this rests in the fact that the Steeler players were the only team to not ratify the most recent CBA agreement over just this issue. (Side note: I think that vote signified the emergence of James Harrison as a leader on the team)
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Legend

User Info Menu

Every year for the last five or so years, it is getting harder and harder to get into the NFL. Coming from me that is an astonishing statement, but true. It just feels that there are beloved teams and hated teams. I guess I am glad that hunting season overlaps with the NFL. I have another passion to pursue instead. Steelers will always be my team, I just can't stand the NFL product anymore.

Sucks. I feel ripped off.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]