Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Todd McShay has Steelers taking DE Arik Armstead in latest mock draft

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Its possible, sure. Id rather play the trade up for Shane Ray game though.

Curious to see if any RBs go in round one now that you mention it....round 2 has been a sweet spot for RBs the last 8 years. Gurley is in a class of his own but with the knee im not sure someone takes him in round 1.
    True that of late 2nd round has been where backs drop to but Gurley is so talented I see him going in the 1st.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron City Inc. View Post
    True that of late 2nd round has been where backs drop to but Gurley is so talented I see him going in the 1st.
    I agree, I actually believe that there will be 2 RBs drafted in the first round this year in Gurley and Gordon...

Legend

User Info Menu

Tuitt and whomever would look a lot better with a shutdown corner making the QB hesitate every snap. No thanks on Armstead.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Djfan View Post
    Tuitt and whomever would look a lot better with a shutdown corner making the QB hesitate every snap. No thanks on Armstead.
    Chicken-Egg DJ, if Tuitt, Heyward & co gave the QB less time I'm sure the CB's wouldn't need to be shutdown...

One thing is for sure- the Steelers need to commit to either upgrading the pass protection or the pass rush. Both wold be great, but 1 instantly upgrades the other.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Most of these trade scenarios assume that no one is targeting some of the same players...our needs are too great to miss on our pick. The more likey scenario is to trade up - if Dupree is within 2-3 picks of us then Colbert needs to be willing to make the move to get him, as he's the impact player our D is lacking. The thing that concerns me is that we were in a similar position the year that JJ Watt came out & we didn't move up, so I doubt it'll happen now.
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust & sweat & blood...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

When have you ever seen Dupree look like the impact player we need? I'll give it to you that he has potential to be but thus far he hasn't exactly taken the world by storm

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    When have you ever seen Dupree look like the impact player we need? I'll give it to you that he has potential to be but thus far he hasn't exactly taken the world by storm
    I agree, watch the game against Florida and Dupree got owned...