Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is this guy in this years draft?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Havent you ever seen Heyward and Pouncey play? All they do is talk **** lol

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Havent you ever seen Heyward and Pouncey play? All they do is talk **** lol
    I think Heyward might be that vocal defensive leader that Legend was talking about.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Im on the other side of the argument...you cant underestimate what the presence of a true enforcer (Lambert, Lloyd, Harrison) does for the attitude of the entire team. Those players are great in their own right, and they also make everyone around them better. Unfortunately, those types are few and far between, and i dont think there is a way to identify those rare gems coming out of college. What sux about Goodell is his efforts to reduce the impact (both literally and figuratively) of those special players....turning heroes into the bad guys with fines et al.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    No honestly I don't, when you put the pads on and your on the field, your not thinking about who the other guy is. Running backs are not taking the ball and avoiding holes because suh is on the other side. Qb's don't go away from Sherman because he has attitude, they go away from him because he can cover. A bunch of hard asses are not going to intimidate a bunch of hard asses, every team has them.
    I disagree.. a vocal leader elevates HIS team. He challenges HIS teammates to play better...

He knows how to bring out the fire in certain individuals who may be going through the motions or lacks focus for 60 minutes due to a variety of reasons.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Backup

User Info Menu

Can I just get some names? It is fine to have this argument but I just wanted to know of some Steeler type players. I am behind on my knowledge of players this year.

Legend

User Info Menu

i can only assume that the fans that are saying having a vocal, emotional leader on the field isnt important never have played a competitive sport
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by legend of polamalu View Post
    Can I just get some names? It is fine to have this argument but I just wanted to know of some Steeler type players. I am behind on my knowledge of players this year.
    I just don't think it is that easy.

As said (above), Heyward and Pouncey talk smack all the time. That doesn't make you a Peezy or Lloyd. I think Heyward is a good complementary "ass kicker" (the term I've always used for the role), but we do need more in that department (I agree). Guys like that (e.g. Peezy) have an emotional intensity that is just that much higher than others. That's why it isn't so easy to throw out names.
    I wasn't hired for my disposition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel View Post
    What sux about Goodell is his efforts to reduce the impact (both literally and figuratively) of those special players....turning heroes into the bad guys with fines et al.
    True, but that is the NFL so a different type of leader needs to step up. The NFL isn't ever rolling back the clock.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

If you don't have the skillset to dominate your opponent, your attitude won't take you very far. You need a guy who's got the whole package in terms of talent, drive, and mind-set. I'm liking this guy more and more because I think he's got those goods:

[url]http://pit.scout.com/story/1521477-post-combine-here-s-my-guy[/url]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel View Post
    If you don't have the skillset to dominate your opponent, your attitude won't take you very far. You need a guy who's got the whole package in terms of talent, drive, and mind-set. I'm liking this guy more and more because I think he's got those goods:

[url]http://pit.scout.com/story/1521477-post-combine-here-s-my-guy[/url]
    No question.

The man is a violent player who constantly punishes his opponent.