Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: On the Board at 22

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

On the Board at 22

Let's say the following players are avaible when it's time to make our pick:
    Landon Collins
    Jalen collins
    Kevin Johnson
    Marcus Peters
    Bud Dupree
    Owamagbe Odighizuwa
    Eli Harold

Who do you take and why? Is there anyone on that list you wouldn't want us to take at 22? If so, again please state why.

I've read a little on these players but I know it pales in comparison to the intel gathered by many on this board. I think I like "OO" from this list and want to see what other opinions exist here.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

If this happens...I'm trading down a few spots, letting time make the process of elimination for the Steelers and gaining an extra pick or two in the third and forth rounds.
    2022 NFL Mock Draft
    -------------------------------------------
    1. Malik Willis, QB; Liberty
    2. Daniel Faalele, OT; Minnesota
    3. Dante Stills, DT; West Virginia
    7. Riley Moss, CB; Iowa

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel View Post
    Landon Collins
    Jalen collins
    Kevin Johnson
    Marcus Peters
    Bud Dupree
    Owamagbe Odighizuwa
    Eli Harold

Who do you take and why? Is there anyone on that list you wouldn't want us to take at 22? If so, again please state why.

I've read a little on these players but I know it pales in comparison to the intel gathered by many on this board. I think I like "OO" from this list and want to see what other opinions exist here.
    I will play this game...reasons for each player:

Landon Collins- I hate to say it and I will get grief for this but...we pass on him and start Mike Mitchell at strong safety. I believe he'll play better and become an impact if he is at strong safety. He made his money in Carolina there..might as well slate him where he plays best.

Jalen Collins- Obviously Waynes will be gone...(in another thread, I posted my rankings of CBs)..Jalen Collins is then second corner I'd want. He has the size and play of Byron Maxwell. Can be a true starter day one and is still younger than the rest.

Kevin Johnson- Probably my last wanted player..at this point, IF Johnson is that last guy..trade down (another reason to trade down). This guy, not sure what it is..but he doesn't give me any "ooo's or aww's" at all. Sure...his footwork is good and all, but isn't a first round pick.

Marcus Peters- This is the third corner I'd want...actually a close second with Collins. I think Peters scares the Steelers away due to his rumored incidences and problems while in college. This kid is a thumper and isn't afraid of showing any "swag" or cockiness. Will be a true player, just hope he doesn't land with Baltimore..whom is also wanting him.

Bud Dupree- This week's flavor. I think Dupree could be good...but I read a lot of "Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane" comments. He may have good size..but what is keeping people from liking him?

Owamagbe Odighizuwa- Hip injury at a young age...does scare me. OO can be a good player, but will this injury hamper his playing at all?

Eli Harold- Not too much of a thumper and not a real first round kind of player. If he is available in the second and the Steelers don't go OLB in the first..draft Harold.
    2022 NFL Mock Draft
    7. Riley Moss, CB; Iowa

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rara View Post
    I will play this game...reasons for each player:

Landon Collins- I hate to say it and I will get grief for this but...we pass on him and start Mike Mitchell at strong safety. I believe he'll play better and become an impact if he is at strong safety. He made his money in Carolina there..might as well slate him where he plays best.

Jalen Collins- Obviously Waynes will be gone...(in another thread, I posted my rankings of CBs)..Jalen Collins is then second corner I'd want. He has the size and play of Byron Maxwell. Can be a true starter day one and is still younger than the rest.

Kevin Johnson- Probably my last wanted player..at this point, IF Johnson is that last guy..trade down (another reason to trade down). This guy, not sure what it is..but he doesn't give me any "ooo's or aww's" at all. Sure...his footwork is good and all, but isn't a first round pick.

Marcus Peters- This is the third corner I'd want...actually a close second with Collins. I think Peters scares the Steelers away due to his rumored incidences and problems while in college. This kid is a thumper and isn't afraid of showing any "swag" or cockiness. Will be a true player, just hope he doesn't land with Baltimore..whom is also wanting him.

Bud Dupree- This week's flavor. I think Dupree could be good...but I read a lot of "Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane" comments. He may have good size..but what is keeping people from liking him?

Owamagbe Odighizuwa- Hip injury at a young age...does scare me. OO can be a good player, but will this injury hamper his playing at all?

Eli Harold- Not too much of a thumper and not a real first round kind of player. If he is available in the second and the Steelers don't go OLB in the first..draft Harold.
    I couldn't have asked for a more thorough set of opinions...thanks for playing brother!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

At this point, i think we really need the best CB possible. Since the degree of difference between these players is slight, BPA can be in a position of need.
    So unless we trade up for Waynes (!!!) i would say take the bad boy Peters
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Maxx Williams
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I couldn't have asked for a more thorough set of opinions...thanks for playing brother!
    I may not be good at it...but I thought I did well too. Thanks man!
    2022 NFL Mock Draft
    7. Riley Moss, CB; Iowa

Legend

User Info Menu

Landon Collins
    Jalen collins
    Kevin Johnson
    Marcus Peters
    Bud Dupree
    Owamagbe Odighizuwa
    Eli Harold

Given that list I'd probably go...

Jalen Collins
    Bud Dupree
    Landon Collins
    Marcus Peters
    Kevin Johnson
    OO
    Eli Harold

Because...

Collins is the perfect Zone CB who tackles exceptionally well. He is, essentially, what the Steelers want at CB. Dupree next because in this days NFL, a player with that type of physique is already 1 step above the pack. For an example of why I think that is important is the struggles Jarvis Jones seems to have had in his much less conditioned body. Dupree is already a big man, without actually maturing yet. Landon Collins is next, but I seriously doubt the Steelers go FS in this draft. He is a very good player, I just don't see him as outstanding & to be sure, Alabama players kind of worry me. Peters is next. He's a better CB than Jalen Collins, but I expect his career to be littered with grumbles and moans. OO comes in next, not because I rate him a lower player than Peters but because I don't rate him significantly higher than guys like Harold, Orchard, Maudlin, Hunter or Kikaha. In other words- if you missed on OLB in Round 1, I don't think you need to 'risk' picking a double hip surgery risk. Harold I place behind OO simply because he doesn't strike me as an imposing, physical OLB. The Steelers need to get a bit rough & burly, Harold doesn't project that sort of player to me.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Why was Collins not a regular starter? Can anyone advise? Also (with Peters), I've seen so many of these types of CBs come down the pike (hot head, "bad character" guys). I don't know many/any who have "panned out" for their original team.

I don't like any of them at 22, TBH. I would just bargain shop, take guys like Ekpre-Olamu and Quentin Rollins... and just build that way. Olamu will be drafted lower because he is "damaged goods".
    Last edited by Shoe; 03-26-2015 at 12:31 AM.
    I wasn't hired for my disposition.

Legend

User Info Menu

From that list, give me Dupree then L. Collins then J. Collins then Owa then K.J. then Harold then Peters. I consider Dupree and Landon as the two bona fide first round talents on that list (Peters also has that talent, but I don't take red flag risks with my top pick, so he's last). The others are borderline 1-2 type guys in my mind (may be a slight reach at #22 but perhaps not likely to fall to #56...BPA at #22 would likely be at a different position in this instance).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.