Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Harrison refers to Lebeau

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    The organization was "loyal to a fault" for two years too long as the defense clearly continued to slide into mediocrity.
    Given the lack of talent on the defense the last 2 years, mediocrity is actually a significant accomplishment. Look at the defense last year and compare it to the defense from 2005. Or 2009. Who, aside from Heyward, would have started on those defenses? And before you say Timmons, he would start, but we would be next to Farrior (and over Foote), not in front of Farrior.

Regardless of scheme, you need talent.

Legend

User Info Menu

The organization was "loyal to a fault" for two years too long as the defense clearly continued to slide into mediocrity.
    I think JH said that for a reason. It's true.. we were loyal to a fault with DL for obvious reasons.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Given the lack of talent on the defense the last 2 years, mediocrity is actually a significant accomplishment. Look at the defense last year and compare it to the defense from 2005. Or 2009. Who, aside from Heyward, would have started on those defenses? And before you say Timmons, he would start, but we would be next to Farrior (and over Foote), not in front of Farrior.

I don't think anyone expected or demanded our D be as good as 2005 or 2009. However, our D was disgustingly bad and most DC's would be fired regardless of the talent on the team.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post

If you absolve the coaches from "developing" their players and just wait for the talent to walk in then you are right. My primary criticism with Lebeau was that he couldn't seem to develop the players to perform in his system and he refused to change the system.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

If you absolve the coaches from "developing" their players and just wait for the talent to walk in then you are right. My primary criticism with Lebeau was that he couldn't seem to develop the players to perform in his system and he refused to change the system.
    I'd love to see the list of players that didn't develop in Pittsburgh that did develop elsewhere.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I can't fathom how you think anything you just said is true. He can't develop players. He didn't develop Ike, Ryan Clark, Troy, Harrison, Farrior, Timmons, Woodley, Keisel, Hampton, Heyward? How can you think that?

Then to say he refused to change is constantly refuted by the players who played for him. They said he was always coming up with something new. Either a new gimmick or a subtle change. As a fan you only had to watch Troy to see that.

I would really like to get ahold of the mind altering stuff you are using. It must be amazing living in your fairy land.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Still taking potshots at a Hall of Fame Steeler, beloved by his players, and one of the greatest defensive coordinators of all time...To what purpose?
    Who cares about your primary criticisms of Coach LeBeau. You arent even in the same universe with him as far as football knowledge and how to run a defense. You have no idea what goes on behind closed doors and have never met the man so all and i repeat ALL of your comments ring hollow.
    Again, I suggest that you read your own sig because it applies directly to yourself.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.