Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: James Harrison Deal Speaks Volumes About Jarvis Jones

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    Lose horribly? Really? puff puff give man. Puff puff give.
    hell, I need to get what YOU are smoking.

We have reached new lows in sacks, pressures, turnovers while giving up the most long TD's since the 60's or some weird stat and you want to continue down the same road due to loyalty?

Pffft.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    hell, I need to get what YOU are smoking.

We have reached new lows in sacks, pressures, turnovers while giving up the most long TD's since the 60's or some weird stat and you want to continue down the same road due to loyalty?

Pffft.
    Loyalty has nothing to do with it ... talent does. I don't care how good of a coordinator you are you still need talent.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    Loyalty has nothing to do with it ... talent does. I don't care how good of a coordinator you are you still need talent.
    Absolutely, and I'd be shocked if there was a coordinator who could do more with that sad group the Steelers fielded on D last year.

Legend

User Info Menu

I think it's funny how people keep referring to DL ego. The man doesn't have an ego. The far more likely reason he was canned so unceremoniously is because of KEITH BUTLER'S EGO. More than likely he gave them an ultimatum "either give me a promotion or replace me". DL can still coach. He's still one of the greatest defensive minds in football. Keith Butler may or may not be a good coach. He learned from the best. Now granted, we all have to move on, but drop this DL ego crap. Guy has been in the NFL for over 50 years and not one person has EVER used the word ego in the same sentence other than some numbnuts message board poster.
    Really? Butler sits for years playing loyal soldier turning down Def Coord jobs he could have had and you think he has the ego? That's pretty crazy!
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Yeah.. no. This isn't about Butler's Ego. It's about Butlers FUTURE and the teams future.

I'm sure BOTH coaches have ego's. Hell, we all do. If Butler walked in and said I'm taking offers from other teams and the Steelers ran out and canned DL that isn't due to Butler's ego. It's simply the way business works. A team is going to keep who they believe is the best option for the long term and we all know DL is only going to be in the game for so long.

This is also about performance or lack there of the last few years AND the nature of the NFL. No team EVER keeps an OC or DC forever. You have to keep evolving or eventually it becomes stale and played out. They rest of the AFCN was familiar with our calls, formations, etc..
    Well said. It's about moving forward not holding onto the past.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Really? Butler sits for years playing loyal soldier turning down Def Coord jobs he could have had and you think he has the ego? That's pretty crazy!
    I said, if you read it, that it was MORE LIKELY to be Butlers ego. I'm not saying he's not ready to be a coordinator, or even that he hasn't earned it, I'm saying that he MORE THAN LIKELY gave the team an ultimatum. They made the choice they had to. I personally feel that they should have given him the promotion, but they should have given DL the same position he now holds in Tennessee.

Rookie

User Info Menu

I said, if you read it, that it was MORE LIKELY to be Butlers ego. I'm not saying he's not ready to be a coordinator, or even that he hasn't earned it, I'm saying that he MORE THAN LIKELY gave the team an ultimatum. They made the choice they had to. I personally feel that they should have given him the promotion, but they should have given DL the same position he now holds in Tennessee.
    I seem to recall hearing that the Steelers tried to offer LeBeau some kind of advisory coaching position, similar to what he now has in TN. LeBeau didn't want that in Pitt, IIRC...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    I seem to recall hearing that the Steelers tried to offer LeBeau some kind of advisory coaching position, similar to what he now has in TN. LeBeau didn't want that in Pitt, IIRC...
    Im almost doubting that...just because in that scenario the coaching structure doesnt really change, just their titles. That being said, i have no idea what may have been offered or said.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Rookie

User Info Menu

This is from Steelers.com

And finally, the level of respect for what Dick LeBeau contributed to the Steelers, and management’s deep personal respect for Dick LeBeau, would have allowed for keeping him within the organization in some capacity. Senior advisor. Consultant. Still with a physical presence and a voice, but LeBeau wasn’t interested in that. At least not with the Steelers.
    [url]http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Labriola-on-forced-out-Steratore-Peyton/78051267-66b5-4d0a-a35e-4c1572eb82e2[/url]
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

nobody wanted DL looking over butlers shoulder. kudos to DL for turning that down

thats not good for anybody and is pretty dumb if the steelers offered that type of role, IMO

you make the changs or you dont. nobody is half pregnant. i really have questions about the decisions the steelers brass seem to make