Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers sign

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Cool. My #92 jersey remains current and relevant.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron City Inc. View Post
    I agree with all of that but I want James at camp from day one. Young lb's get to see what it takes work wise to be successful.
    I see what you're saying. Bob Labriola might counter that Coach Peezy is the one that should be imparting those things.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    I see what you're saying. Bob Labriola might counter that Coach Peezy is the one that should be imparting those things.
    Peezy can coach, but he won't push those players for playing time. JH can do both. He can talk the talk, but he can also show what walking the walk does for a player.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    That's a good point. Porter was so intense at camp last year and he was always barking out instructions. Back on backers he was getting the max out of the drill. Perhaps in 15 the combo of his intensity and instruction coupled with the JH working example of how to go about ones business will allow us to get the max out of our linebackers.

Legend

User Info Menu

good move overall. To me it means the Steelers have woken up to the fact Jarvis Jones is a bust.

Legend

User Info Menu

Given the way the premier pass rushers went off the FA board so quickly, this is a 'smart move'. Harrison looked like he can contribute last season, and if he has a similar type of production this year, that's a positive. I think he looked better than expected last season, half-fit for most of it. I imagine it'll be better, earlier this season.

The Steelers still need to add OLB to the roster, I'm not against adding 2, but I'm getting the feeling it might not be in Round 1 so much. There is actually a strong bunch of Round 2 type options that would really benefit from a year with James teaching them to be professionals.

I think the Steelers will still look to add a CB, and maybe a DL as well. I'll be interested to see if the FA Combine produces anything. If nothing else, the Steelers have not been afraid to look outside of the box in the past- signing guys like Maddox from the Arena League, now Lemon from the CFL...

I'm not against giving a guy like Jamaal Anderson a look as a rotational DE, or even letting Butler get creative with him, playing off the line, or wide..

And there are a couple of CB's on the market that could offer some help still too.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chucktownsteeler View Post
    good move overall. To me it means the Steelers have woken up to the fact Jarvis Jones is a bust.
    Or not......
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

[url]www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/nfl-pittsburgh-steelers-news/2015/3/22/8273035/james-harrisons-return-to-steelers-will-be-in-a-supporting-role[/url]

We shall see how long this 'supporting role' notion lasts. Im guessing there will be more of a rotation between JH, JJ, and Moats...with the hot hand getting a lions share of the snaps. Overall, he is not so much supportive as he is the leader of his crew and the defense overall. We have Leadership!! Big move for the Steelers.
    Im so happy, get to see my favorite Steeler play another season or two!!!!
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

And that is what worries me...that they are actually giving up on Jarvis Jones now. I was so excited that Jones was drafted and now...he's proving to be a bust. Not good at all.
    2022 NFL Mock Draft
    -------------------------------------------
    1. Malik Willis, QB; Liberty
    2. Daniel Faalele, OT; Minnesota
    3. Dante Stills, DT; West Virginia
    7. Riley Moss, CB; Iowa

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rara View Post
    And that is what worries me...that they are actually giving up on Jarvis Jones now. I was so excited that Jones was drafted and now...he's proving to be a bust. Not good at all.
    That's too dismissive.

The Steelers need depth at OLB, Harrison provides a short term fix. Moats isn't the long term answer. The only OLB that appears to be a long term answer is Jones. Even if they draft another in Round 1, they'll be drafted to play LOLB, replacing Worilds.

I don't think they've given up on Jones. Going into a season with no depth behind him is a bad plan. Harrison might take snaps away from Jones, if Jones doesn't play up to standard.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE