Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: DeAngelo Williams is signing with the Pittsburgh Steelers

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post

“I want to come in and help them be productive on offense,” Williams said. “Whether that means me coming off the bench, giving the offensive line water, making sure Ben Roethlisberger’s towel is dry so he can wipe his hands and throw the ball better – whatever it takes for us to win a Super Bowl, I’m willing and able to do it.”
    I've always wanted DW as a Steeler. I love his attitude. He was always meant to be in Pittsburgh. What a complete contrast to Blount. I half wonder if they signed him just to be a positive influence on Bell.

Legend

User Info Menu

OK, sorry, serious question here ... does he have good hands out of the backfield? ... or will the playbook have to slimmed down when he lines up instead of Bell?

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

He averaged about 20 catches per season as a Panther. He should be able to handle a couple of screens or swing passes from Ben when he is filling in for a suspended Bell.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    the hate has rendered you stupid

fine, what's your excuse?
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    He averaged about 20 catches per season as a Panther. He should be able to handle a couple of screens or swing passes from Ben when he is filling in for a suspended Bell.
    That's great. I think it was the threat of Bell with big YAC that helped keep Ben upright this year, and helped his stats in the process. If the opposing D knows they can't ignore DW as at least a similar threat, that's good for Ben too!

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    fine, what's your excuse?
    LOL.. good comeback
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    LOL.. good comeback

thanks, it was kinda clever
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

He looks 5'8, 195 pounds. I think he shrunk. He better still have some quickness with that frame.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Gawd, if Bellcow goes down, i will be SMP that Williams will soon follow.
    IDK, maybe i just like the bruisers at RB....
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

It does give cause for concern when your coach and GM look to be twice the size of your big FA signing.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!