Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what are the chances Cam Thomas returns for another year?

Legend

User Info Menu

what are the chances Cam Thomas returns for another year?

I say 60%

This isn't about what WE want.. but what we think the FO will do regarding Cam Thomas.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I say 60%

This isn't about what WE want.. but what we think the FO will do regarding Cam Thomas.

Can it be less than ZERO like they should be? Unfortunately, the loss of the youngsters on the Def Line we had grabbed off the practice squad last year will probably increase the chances he stays
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

I see no point in bringing back Cam Thomas. Releasing him would have been the first cap move that I would have made. But the FO must see something since he is still here. I know that he is "position flexible" - but I don't think playing 2 positions poorly really helps anything. I know that the Steelers often only give 5 hats to the DL on game day, but I'd rather find another option. Just about any other option, really.

Backup

User Info Menu

FAT CHANCE Seriously, they may let him stick around through camp and hope that one of the other DEs beat him out. Not an unreasonable expectation. His "versatility" shouldn't be needed with McLendon and McCullers able to hold down NT.
    Last edited by SteelBuckeye; 03-02-2015 at 11:35 AM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    I see no point in bringing back Cam Thomas. Releasing him would have been the first cap move that I would have made. But the FO must see something since he is still here. I know that he is "position flexible" - but I don't think playing 2 positions poorly really helps anything. I know that the Steelers often only give 5 hats to the DL on game day, but I'd rather find another option. Just about any other option, really.
    Hopefully they are only holding on to him long enough to identify his successor. On a positive note, its entirely possible he is actually a cool dude and good teammate, unlike some of the others that have been discussed on here recently.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Legend

User Info Menu

Here is a take on the DL from the Steelers site. Nothing earth shattering but a nice recap:

[url]http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/STEELERS-BY-POSITION-Defensive-Line/e158228a-3bb0-40b0-a3ba-9604efb7dffa[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Rookie

User Info Menu

Hopefully, the chances are not good.
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Since Lance Moore was just dumped, hopefully Thomas will be next.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Thats in Michigan near where i grew up. I did a race there once called 'Run Through Hell'.
    Awesome picture, i might use that the next time someone I know makes an unreasonable request.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.