Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Bush!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hausparty View Post
    Yes I sure do! The Patriots seem to want to do that!
    Lets plug in Bush to last years playoff game? Would that 4 million have been worth it?

Worilds 10 million could be gone and Troy P's millions as well. Would it be safe to say Bush could help us a lot more than TROY P? Can Bush extend Bell's career a bit and save wear and tear without us really missing a beat on offense? HELL YES
    The offense still would have been largely one dimensional and Bush vs. Tate likely wouldn't have changed the outcome at all.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    The offense still would have been largely one dimensional and Bush vs. Tate likely wouldn't have changed the outcome at all.
    do you even watch football, bro?

Backup

User Info Menu

I disagree! How many times was Ben Sacked again? Where was Bell to block or where was Bell for the dump off? Sure couldn't ask TATE to do that with 1 week of practice.

I cant count how many times I said DAMN BELL IS GOOD last year! I think we can all say the same thing sometimes when Bush gets the ball in the open field and if he can block then BONUS!

Early reports are stating Vereen will want 4 million and Bush can be had for 2million. If that true then lets get this guy signed!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    do you even watch football, bro?
    I do and I'm not impressed with Reggie Bush at all.

Backup

User Info Menu

I honestly don't care who we sign but to me I don't want to change our gameplan to fit the guy we sign. We did that last year and it didn't work with Blount.
    Haley runs a certain offense and we need to find a back that fits into that scheme so if there is a better and cheaper fit I'm all for it but I sure don't want the Steelers to spend and entire training camp trying to make 1 RB fit in for just 1 or 2 games.

Much rather have a plug n play solution so we don't skip a beat as we do have the toughest schedule and could open up vs the champs in week 1. Will Reggie be in a Patriots uniform that week instead?

Legend

User Info Menu

Ok let's keep it simple.
    Did Blount influence bell with pot and that lifestyle? Do you think Bush can help with leadership in that area?
    Do we need a RB? Who is a better fit?
    No such thing as too many leadership.
    How many times was Blount caught with weed before coming to Pittsburgh? Don't let Bells on field play fool you. Plenty of NFL players smoke weed.

Backup

User Info Menu

Very true. AB looks stoned all the time.
    However how many NFL vets know where and when to smoke it? It was a dumb move and having more veteran leadership isn't a bad thing. We didn't sign Blount for his leadership nor did we sign him to be bell. We tried the Bettis and Parker approach and that doesn't work under Haley. Check now let's get it right and get Bush.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

and there it is

bash the steelers, praise the pats

sound familiar?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

[URL]http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/nfl-free-agency-news-rumors-signings-2015-steelers/2015/2/26/8110597/2015-nfl-free-agency-lions-cut-reggie-bush[/URL]
    I am to lazy to see if the ones arguing with you want a "veteran" OLB signed. But I see no problem with the veteran Bush AT THE RIGHT PRICE. He does have a nice fit for Haley's offense. But I have to disagree with the notion we need a STARTING caliber RB for 2 games. We need a back up RB period. The game plan will have to be different no matter the back up RB IMO.

Backup

User Info Menu

I should rephrase because you are correct.
    we need a backup running back who is CAPABLE of starting if and only if needed. That still weighs in the favor of Bush over Help IMO.