Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: James Harrison training for13th season

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I can't believe I'm saying this but this team needs Harrison even at 36. The guy proved me and every other nay sayer wrong. He still has game and brings an attitude desperately needed.
    Ditto. Given the apprehension over Jones ever living up to the hype getting Harrison for one more season would be a big plus.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Ideal would be three of Harrison, Worilds, JJ, Moats...plus a rookie. Anything less and we are under-manned at a key position.
    I mean, we are not talking about RBs here. It takes time for a player to grow into the OLB position, even in a non-DL defense.
    Leaving ourselves with a HoJo or Zumwalt as the injury option at starting OLB is playing with fire.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Rookie

User Info Menu

How can you say no to James Harrison? He didn't suck last year...

If we can keep Harrison and Moats, I'd be pleased with whatever we found in the draft to go along with those two, Jarvis and Lemon...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    I'd also think that Harrison's work ethic has to be a positive influence in the locker room.
    Except in those cases were cocky young players who think they can lift like Deebo end up pulling a Phil Hartman:

Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Except in those cases were cocky young players who think they can lift like Deebo end up pulling a Phil Hartman:

Great reference, as always.

Backup

User Info Menu

I love Silverback but its time for us to let go of the Security blanket.. Its time for the pressure to be put on the future to produce. IF we dont have a future we need to find one. Having James didnt not Win us a Division, Did not Win us a playoff game, did not help us not end up around the bottom of the league in Sacks, Did not force Qb's to rush throws that we intercepted.. We have a new voice on defense.. whats the point if we are wanting to trot out the same Cats. Have fun In AZ or TN James - Its time that we learn to miss the guy... Kiesel and Troy as well.

Backup

User Info Menu

James will not be going through all this if he was not assured to be brought back. I dont think he is gonna be away from his famly for one last run with any other team. Pretty sure they have a hand shake agreement in place and will sign at a later date

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bluto View Post
    James will not be going through all this if he was not assured to be brought back. I dont think he is gonna be away from his famly for one last run with any other team. Pretty sure they have a hand shake agreement in place and will sign at a later date

I believe that handshake is in Tn.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by chiken View Post
    I love Silverback but its time for us to let go of the Security blanket.. Its time for the pressure to be put on the future to produce. IF we dont have a future we need to find one. Having James didnt not Win us a Division, Did not Win us a playoff game, did not help us not end up around the bottom of the league in Sacks, Did not force Qb's to rush throws that we intercepted.. We have a new voice on defense.. whats the point if we are wanting to trot out the same Cats. Have fun In AZ or TN James - Its time that we learn to miss the guy... Kiesel and Troy as well.
    They may not have a choice but to hold onto the Harrison 'security blanket" because the player they drafted to be the future may not be up to the task. A 36 year old Harrison potentially could get more sacks than Jones even playing part time.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by chiken View Post
    I believe that handshake is in Tn.
    Yea ok. He will be a Steeler only or retire. It was a bad decision on his part to leave for the Bungles. Without both LB injuries he would have stayed retired because the FO and JH are stubborn. I think the plan is for him to workout on said handshake get ready for the season this time. See how draft and camp go. Bring him back same time as Diesel last season. One last ride. He still has tremendous value in a rotation. A nice rotation worked well for the Ravens D last season.