Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Timmons looking forward to coach Butler and blitzing more

Legend

User Info Menu

Timmons looking forward to coach Butler and blitzing more

LB Lawrence Timmons is excited about Keith Butler's new role as defensive coordinator.
    There will be some changes for Lawrence Timmons this year as he will have a new linebackers coach, but one thing that makes him happy is the man who was his position coach for the past eight years is now the team’s defensive coordinator.

Keith Butler is the man who molded Timmons from a number one draft pick in 2007 to a Pro Bowl linebacker, and Timmons is happy he is now the man in charge of the defense.

“Coach Butler is a great teacher,” said Timmons. “I have known him since I came here in 2007. He’s been my position coach. He’s a Christian man, a great man. I think he is going to do a great job being our defensive coordinator. I am looking forward to it.

“I know I am going to be the best player I can and play well for him.”

Butler has coached the Steelers linebackers since 2003, after serving in the same role for four seasons in Cleveland. Butler brought playing experience with him when he arrived in Pittsburgh, after a 10 year career with the Seattle Seahawks (1978-87).

“As a coach you can really relate to him having been a player,” said Timmons. “Plus, he knows what I think since he has been here. I think that’s a big cheat sheet for him.”

Butler doesn’t plan any wholesale changes for the defense, but there is one thing that Timmons is expecting.

“I am pretty sure he is going to have his own little twist to it,” said Timmons. “I am going to be looking forward to it. I know we’re going to be blitzing. So look forward to that.

[url]http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Timmons-Coach-Butler-is-a-great-teacher/3d01f3a8-ba4a-4547-8224-3ea0d6611abb[/url]
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Legend

User Info Menu

The heavens are opening and I think I hear the angels singing "Hallelujah"
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm also excited about the new DC. While some are saying that it will just be more of the same, I think that it will be a revitalized version of what was once a premier system. Butler has watched as the great system that he once was a part of has deteriorated, and I'm sure he has some of his own ideas as to what went wrong. Hey, if all of us seem to know the problem, why wouldn't a professional football coach who has been front and center the whole time not know?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    The heavens are opening and I think I hear the angels singing "Hallelujah"
    Yes, he's a Christian man. That will get us more sacks.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    Getting more Buddha's up front might help.

Perhaps even a Ganesh to fill the important "elephant" position on D.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Starter

User Info Menu

HAHAHAHAHA ^^^^^^^^

Legend

User Info Menu

"Through God all things are possible"
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

and so will posting on a forum right??? ::insert eye roll::
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Getting more Buddha's up front might help.

Perhaps even a Ganesh to fill the important "elephant" position on D.
    Every team needs a Brahman bull...rusher on the opposite side of the elephant....
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    and so will posting on a forum right??? ::insert eye roll::
    lol... good one.