Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Pete Carroll=Ultimate Brain Fart

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Most stupid play call I can remember in a long time. A stupid play or game like this can haunt a franchise with bad mojo.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Worst play call ever that I have seen especially, with pats not stopping him all night.
    I'm all for being aggressive and play to win but, this was bad..

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    That was a big drop.
    I thought it was a drop but the defender made a great play on that pass.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    He's 1 guy on a team of 53. Yea, he's the QB, but I think he's just an avg. QB too. Many avg. QB's have won SB's over the years...Dilfer, Hostetler, Warner, etc. Sort of funny, he threw a pick in college against my Alma mater in about the same area of the field. They just had the video on FB..
    smh... this place is amazing.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I thought it was a drop but the defender made a great play on that pass.
    On the throw to Kearse in the 3rd quarter? I'll have to watch it again, but I thought the ball hit the receiver right in the hands.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Carroll
    "We sent in our personnel, they sent in their goal-line [unit]. It was not the right matchup for us to run the football, so on second down we throw the ball to really kind of waste that play. If we score, we do, if we don't, then we run it on third and fourth down."
    What? WHAT?? At the goal-line, and with Lynch as the RB, the defense will always have its goal-line package in. Waste 2nd down hoping that 3rd and 4th downs they won't have the goal-line package in? If you want to try a throw, you don't do it in traffic.

You can be creative without being stupid. Unfortunately the Hawks chose stupid and now the football world has to deal with NE egos forever. Wilson could have run towards the sideline and beaten most anyone on the defense.

It pays to cheat. Karma forgot to stick around until the end of the game.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The play selection was horrible, I have no problem with passing down there especially since Lynch had converted 1-5 conversion all year but at least spread them out. But no one is talking about letting the play clock run down twice on that drive to force two timeouts that leave them with 20 secs and 1 timeout. There were plenty of pays they didn't make down the stretch, to say that this cost them the Game is crazy imo.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

My initial thought after the the INT was - worst call I've ever seen.

Then I started thinking about - imagine if it was the Steelers on the 1 in the Super Bowl and that happened. This board might implode on itself. The vitriol directed at Halley would be off the charts. I'm only partially kidding when I say his actual house might get burned to the ground.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Along with the best defense giving up 2 tds in the 4th. Plenty of blame to go around.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    My initial thought after the the INT was - worst call I've ever seen.

Then I started thinking about - imagine if it was the Steelers on the 1 in the Super Bowl and that happened. This board might implode on itself. The vitriol directed at Halley would be off the charts. I'm only partially kidding when I say his actual house might get burned to the ground.
    There would be a petition as long a the country is wide to get rid of Haley if he had called in a play like that to end a game when the MVP of your entire team - your entire season - is a RB who's known for "Beast Mode". It would be FAR less disappointing if they had run every time and not scored.

You can run the ball at the goal-line and still not be predictable. You don't have to run directly into the line each play. Wilson could have run the ball. In fact, I don't think they ran him enough the whole game long.
    Last edited by Eich; 02-02-2015 at 10:14 AM.