Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Pete Carroll=Ultimate Brain Fart

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I don't think I saw a negative play all night with Lynch even with 8 & 9 in the box. That is the Seahawks game anyway...You know it is coming & can't stop it. That was a terrible call...They over "thunk" that! 3 plays from inside the 2 with Lynch & a timeout...You hand the ball to Lynch 3 times. If you don't get in...You don't deserve to win. Carroll is more to fault than OC. He hears the conversation & plays going in through his headset. He is the HC...His call.

I hate the Patriots but they put themselves in the situation to win. Can't take it away from them but you can sure tell the Seahawks they $hit the bed!

Legend

User Info Menu

Seriously, half yard-line, the beast will get in...they had 2 more tries...he had already picked up 5 and a half of the six they needed on one effing run! Ridiculous play call...period. Anyways, remember this bonehead move the next time Tomlin and Co. do something stupid...it happens. (Like putting a LB on Gronk man-to-man when he's lined up outside? C'mon MAN!)
    Last edited by Jooser; 02-02-2015 at 11:49 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

With only 1 time out, I don't think they had enough time for 3 run calls. Not defending the moronic play call that was chosen but I don't see how they had time for 3 runs.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Min of 2 plays.

Run...Hawks TO...Pass...Run/Pass (3 plays).

Run...If Pats TO...Run Hawks TO...Run/Pass (3 plays).
    Only way 2 cracks is Run...Hawks TO...Run (2 plays).

With a TO in your pocket...No need to pass. Play numbers to get three shots. Overthink "Chess move" & pass...FAIL. ATTRITION was the Seahawks Strength & has been over their 2 year run. You get 2-3 Plays To win a SB. Do you play to your strength or try to pull a rabbit out of your A$$? Carroll tried to move a pile with a shovel & wheel barrel when he had a running bull dozer with its blade on the ground. The Groundhog saw his shadow because Carroll jumped in his hole & he couldn't get back in.

Sometimes the game of football is as simple as inches & seconds. Best ever below...So True!

[URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17rAxDB4Jw4[/URL]
    Last edited by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY; 02-02-2015 at 01:24 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

lol...........where's all the 'don't blame the coach, its up to the players to make a play' fans?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LeBeaued View Post
    Yeah exactly. If this was Haley, Ben would be getting blamed by the sheep.

and tomlin would be praised for..............well, something i'm sure

Legend

User Info Menu

Like we blamed Ben for the INT on the slant in the Jets game?

Yeah, we all blamed Ben that day...

Legend

User Info Menu

And Haley would be fully blamed by the Ben sheep.

The fact remains, the play call was far worse than Wilson's decision to let the ball go or the receiver's ability to fight for said ball.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Oh, it definitely hit him in the hands but the DB never gave up on the play and pulled his arm away while they were falling.

I know they say if it hits your hands you should catch it but the DB has to get credit for his effort
    Watched it again, and I still say it's a drop. Yes, the DB pulled his arm...but you can't be a pu$$ in the NFL, especially in the Super Bowl. You've got to hold on to that catch.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    Watched it again, and I still say it's a drop. Yes, the DB pulled his arm...but you can't be a pu$$ in the NFL, especially in the Super Bowl. You've got to hold on to that catch.
    Odell only needs one hand
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S