Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chris Long Of The Rams On 'Deflategate'

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post

Sword's wearing this on SB sunday
    That football has too much air in it.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sword View Post
    [URL]http://www.theplayerstribune.com/deflategate/[/URL]
    Another long, wordy bit of zero-content prose.

Yeah, the refs, who get to handle the balls a few times a game, a couple of games per year, handle them much more than the guy who gets to palm it and grip it and throw or hand it off every single offensive snap.

I managed to get through a few paragraphs of the drivel. The guy thinks he's a reporter or something and has tried hard to be one.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    you aren't being objective, you are bending over backwards defending them
    Show me where I'm not being objective? No different, when I defended Ben when people were calling him a rapist or Tomlin stepping on the field to name a few...
    One thing we learned is you are not.....

Rookie

User Info Menu

Show me where I'm not being objective? No different, when I defended Ben when people were calling him a rapist or Tomlin stepping on the field to name a few...
    There is a difference between being objective and simply ignoring information...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bostonsteeler View Post
    Another long, wordy bit of zero-content prose.

Yeah, the refs, who get to handle the balls a few times a game, a couple of games per year, handle them much more than the guy who gets to palm it and grip it and throw or hand it off every single offensive snap.

I managed to get through a few paragraphs of the drivel. The guy thinks he's a reporter or something and has tried hard to be one.
    What? the refs handling the ball a few times a game, a couple of games per year? What kind of football do you watch?

Rookie

User Info Menu

What? the refs handling the ball a few times a game, a couple of games per year? What kind of football do you watch?
    The refs are part-time. You can't seriously believe that the refs handle a football as much as Tom Brady. Brady has more than 7000 pass attempts alone...that does not count handoffs or sacks in the regular season. Neither does that count preseason nor postseason. Neither does that count training camps. Nor OTAs. Nor practices. It also doesn't count his college, high school or pop warner time. Brady has basically spent the last 30 years with a football in his hand. A part-time ref can't possibly match that.
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    The refs are part-time. You can't seriously believe that the refs handle a football as much as Tom Brady. Brady has more than 7000 pass attempts alone...that does not count handoffs or sacks in the regular season. Neither does that count preseason nor postseason. Neither does that count training camps. Nor OTAs. Nor practices. It also doesn't count his college, high school or pop warner time. Brady has basically spent the last 30 years with a football in his hand. A part-time ref can't possibly match that.
    I never said, that the refs match Brady on handling the ball... but a few times a game? a couple of games a year?...what is that?

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm not objective when it comes to the Pats**.... oh, the horror.

Legend

User Info Menu

You are being objective and that seems to be why some have a problem on here, I just gave up arguing about it. The refs handle the balls throughout the games, they test the balls before the games and they are the ones paid to know if the ball is regulation ( size, shape, texture, pressure) if anyone should know it should be them.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    You are being objective and that seems to be why some have a problem on here, I just gave up arguing about it. The refs handle the balls throughout the games, they test the balls before the games and they are the ones paid to know if the ball is regulation ( size, shape, texture, pressure) if anyone should know it should be them.
    Agreed. Like you, and probably many others, I've just quit bothering. It's not worth my time to argue about it.