Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Predict the Outcome/Punishment Contest

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Just read an article that the NFL is closing in on a rogue ball boy. Oh those pranksters. Guess that clears Brady!
    My God. If you can't come up with a credible story, try to come up with one that is at least plausible....

The NFL might as well come out and tell the fans, "We think you're all stupid."
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Legend

User Info Menu

There is NO WAY on EARTH that a ball boy would act on his own to deflate footballs. ZERO PERCENT CHANCE. If a ball boy did it, someone told him to. And someone probably paid him a nice chunk of change to keep quiet about it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Just read an article that the NFL is closing in on a rogue ball boy. Oh those pranksters. Guess that clears Brady!
    i bet they 'find out' that this ball boy hates tom brady and has secretly been deflating balls for years hoping to eventually get him in trouble............

Legend

User Info Menu

With Belichick, Brady and Kraft all publically and vehemently denying anything to do with it, they are daring the NFL to find some evidence to the contrary. They are pretty confident that they have loose ends tied up.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    There is NO WAY on EARTH that a ball boy would act on his own to deflate footballs. ZERO PERCENT CHANCE. If a ball boy did it, someone told him to. And someone probably paid him a nice chunk of change to keep quiet about it.
    Agree on that! Polygraph test him......

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Another scenario which, make more since: Sports bookie who paid off that person in video....this makes more since then Kraft, Belichick, and Brady putting everything on the line for
    something as minor as deflating balls..this makes no since.
    Mass. is filled with illegal sports gambling...

Starter

User Info Menu

Can anyone explain this to me? If an NFL player is accused of domestic violence, he is not permitted to play in any games until he proves himself innocent, in a court of law. So if the Patriots are being accused of cheating, and there is more and more evidence surfacing, why are they permitted to play in this game?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 7 UP View Post
    Can anyone explain this to me? If an NFL player is accused of domestic violence, he is not permitted to play in any games until he proves himself innocent, in a court of law. So if the Patriots are being accused of cheating, and there is more and more evidence surfacing, why are they permitted to play in this game?
    The level of evidence...no different then when bail is set for someone who commits a crime or bail denied...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sword View Post
    Another scenario which, make more since: Sports bookie who paid off that person in video....this makes more since then Kraft, Belichick, and Brady putting everything on the line for
    something as minor as deflating balls..this makes no since.
    Mass. is filled with illegal sports gambling...

I don't t think that underinflating footballs is minor. Several sports figures have agreed that it offers a huge advantage, not just in the passing game but running game and avoiding fumbles. If you read the article on the statistics of the cheater's fumble rate since 2007, this could definitely have something to do with it.

And, Belichick put everything on the line to illegally video record the other team's signals and continued doing it after being warned not to. He's proven more than willing to do anything to get an advantage.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm going to play the other side of the fence for a second just because I enjoy debating from the other stance on occasion. I will say this, most football players attempt to bend and break rules to gain an advantage. This has probably happened since the game was invented. If you ask an OLman,would you hold if you knew you wouldn't get caught? I believe most would say yes. So, it begs the question...where is the line? And can players and coaches take a moral high ground without being a hypocrite? The Pats were caught and should be punished. But, I don't believe there is a single team who is innocent or saintly.
    Trolls are people too.