Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Predict the Outcome/Punishment Contest

Legend

User Info Menu

Predict the Outcome/Punishment Contest

Outcome: Goodell miraculously won't be able to find evidence to blame one or more persons for the under inflation.
    Punishmnet: Goodell will feel the pressure to do something and will slap the Pats on the wrist for $50K.

Legend

User Info Menu

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The Pats will get some showcase fines, some underlings will be scapegoated and fired, and the Pat come out with a handsome net gain on the $$$ balance sheet fomr their super bowl appearance.

Starter

User Info Menu

The outcome will be that Brady, Belichick and the Patriots are forever tainted as cheaters and their accomplishments are irreversibly tarnished. No matter what happens in this Superbowl, Brady is no longer in the conversation with Montana, Bradshaw and the rest. Well actually, he may still be mentioned in the conversation from time to time, it's just that conversation will always include the fact that he is a cheater.
    Last edited by MCHammer; 01-25-2015 at 09:05 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

I think that the "investigation" will go past the SB.

If the Pats win, they will get nothing.

If they lose, maybe as much as suspending Billy B or Tom Brady.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Hopefully, they are fined and nothing else. The NFL will start watching these things more carefully going forward. I just don't think it's a big deal, but enough people have been whining about it that the Commish will feel like he's got to do something, so I expect a big fine and the firing of somebody on the equipment side in the Patriots organization.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    Hopefully, they are fined and nothing else. The NFL will start watching these things more carefully going forward. I just don't think it's a big deal, but enough people have been whining about it that the Commish will feel like he's got to do something, so I expect a big fine and the firing of somebody on the equipment side in the Patriots organization.
    Really? What other crap are they pulling to win at any cost? That's a shame you feel that way sir. How much crap have they pulled to send the Steelers home out of the playoffs? Such a shame it is no big deal.

Starter

User Info Menu

Patriots will get a slap on the wrist, and it wont come until well after the Super Bowl. I would guess the Patriots end up with a fine, and the loss of a mid to late round draft pick. Announcement will come some time in March. Patriots will not stop breaking rules. They will just keep getting better at not getting caught.

Rookie

User Info Menu

This is completely insane. Also, unfortunately, the punishment prediction is probably accurate.
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Yeah. The poor honest dears are being victimized. The NFL came up with all kinds of weird rules, and all the Pats did was to ignore a few of the nonsensical ones. We should be giving them extra draft picks, not penalizing them.
    Not to mention, they'd have won anyway.