Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Troy Polamalu's future uncertain

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    being a perennial winner with a top notch coaching staff probably had nothing to do with it either.
    no offense dude, but you arent making alot of sense in this thread

i cant even tell which side you are arguing half the time

Legend

User Info Menu

Fans...

its a young man's game and all things come to an end.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

but he's younger!
    If a 32 year old Polamalu was a shell of his former Hall of Fame level self in 2014, what can we expect to see out of a 32 year old Will Allen in 2015, since he's never been more than a mediocre borderline starter/backup type even in his prime?
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    If a 32 year old Polamalu was a shell of his former Hall of Fame level self in 2014, what can we expect to see out of a 32 year old Will Allen in 2015, since he's never been more than a mediocre borderline starter/backup type even in his prime?
    If Troy was a backup making the money that Will Allen makes, cutting him or keeping him wouldn't be an issue.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    no offense dude, but you arent making alot of sense in this thread

i cant even tell which side you are arguing half the time
    I was being tongue in cheek.
    Someone said that the evidence shows that Tomlin is a coach that players want to play for. He cited a poll of players.
    My point is that being a perennial contender and having great coaches probably had more to do with players saying that than anything else.
    I like Tomlin
    Always have
    I simply stated that my concerns with him have always been team discipline and whether the players would play for him like they did for Cowher. All I ever hear about is how they've been here for this coach or that coach. Mostly Lebeau.

Legend

User Info Menu

and I didn't say he did. I said you don't have to explain yourself to some moron forum poster. And forcing him out of town was stupid and classless anyway you slice it.
    So LeBeau should have just stayed as long as he wanted whether he was doing a good job or not? Really?

What about Butler? Just screw him because LeBeau doesn't want to move on? Doesn't he matter as a member of the organization just as much as LeBeau? If we want to talk about class, the "classy" thing would had been for LeBeau to step down and give Butler a chance instead of being a "hanger on". Got to admit, it was selfish on LeBeau's part no matter how much you worship him.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

I was being tongue in cheek.
    Someone said that the evidence shows that Tomlin is a coach that players want to play for. He cited a poll of players.
    My point is that being a perennial contender and having great coaches probably had more to do with players saying that than anything else.
    I like Tomlin
    Always have
    I simply stated that my concerns with him have always been team discipline and whether the players would play for him like they did for Cowher. All I ever hear about is how they've been here for this coach or that coach. Mostly Lebeau.
    Players said they wanted to play for Tomlin because of Lebeau??? Yeah, that makes no sense at all.

Its not a shock to hear older vets who were here before Tomlin gush over Lebeau... that is a normal reaction and it happens in any industry when management changes and the last of the old guard is forced out.

Pretty sure every player drafted during the Tomlin era has more loyalty to Tomlin than anyone else.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    actually this reinforces that tomlin has a rep for running a loose ship. you think todays players want to play for a disciplinarian like tom coughlin? LOL

a little common sense please
    So most players in the NFL wants to play for a looser slacker coach? ? Common sense please.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Players said they wanted to play for Tomlin because of Lebeau??? Yeah, that makes no sense at all.

Its not a shock to hear older vets who were here before Tomlin gush over Lebeau... that is a normal reaction and it happens in any industry when management changes and the last of the old guard is forced out.

Pretty sure every player drafted during the Tomlin era has more loyalty to Tomlin than anyone else.
    I haven't seen anyone come out of retirement because of Tomlin.
    I haven't heard ONE PLAYER talk at length about him as a coach. I've heard EVERY defensive player talk about Lebeau and how much they loved to play for him.
    You're an idiot if you think otherwise.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    So LeBeau should have just stayed as long as he wanted whether he was doing a good job or not? Really?

What about Butler? Just screw him because LeBeau doesn't want to move on? Doesn't he matter as a member of the organization just as much as LeBeau? If we want to talk about class, the "classy" thing would had been for LeBeau to step down and give Butler a chance instead of being a "hanger on". Got to admit, it was selfish on LeBeau's part no matter how much you worship him.
    I think you make Lebeau an offer like he took in Nashville. How difficult is that to understand? Make it clear that you want him in your organization but want him to be more of a consultant.
    So it's selfish to want to continue to work? Really? Only in America I guess.