Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Belicheat at it again.

Legend

User Info Menu

so 24 footballs are submitted, but only NE got to use the deflated football the whole game?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    The thing is...why?!?

They won 45-7...did they need to cheat in order to win that game?!?

It's clearly an ego thing with Belicheat...he has to prove that he's smarter than everyone else, losing draft picks be damned...
    If/when he made the decision to do it, he didn't know it was going to be a 45-7 game. He has a win at all cost mentality.

There was one point during the game yesterday where the officials stopped the play to switch out footballs. The announcers mentioned that it was to switch the ball used to kickoff with a game ball. Why did it take so long to do that? Maybe they were looking into the deflation issue at that point?

I have a feeling that there is a lot more "cheating" going on behind the scenes in Belicheat's career than we know about.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    so 24 footballs are submitted, but only NE got to use the deflated football the whole game?
    You seriously want to defend this guy? Why? The guy shows psychopathic tendencies, no conscience whatsoever in his quest to win at all costs....

Legend

User Info Menu

[URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/19/league-confirms-ball-deflation-investigation/[/URL]

League confirms ball-deflation investigation

Posted by Mike Florio on January 19, 2015, 7:45 AM EST
    deflated-football
    Getty Images
    So much for the Colts-Patriots game being not nearly as intriguing as the Packers-Seahawks game.

Via Bob Glauber of Newsday, the NFL has confirmed the existence of an investigation regarding whether the balls were properly inflated in the AFC title game.

Rule 2 of the official NFL rule book requires that each team make “12 primary balls available for testing” two hours and 15 minutes before kickoff. The home team must make 12 backup balls available, and the visiting team may bring another 12 backup balls for games to be played outdoors.

Several years ago, in an effort to prevent any doctoring of balls used in the kicking game, the NFL adopted a rule that six new, specially-marked kicking balls would be used for each game, with the boxes opened by the officials two hours and 15 minutes before kickoff.

All balls remain under the supervision of the referee until they are delivered to the ball attendant shortly before kickoiff.

The existence of the investigation, as initially reported by Bob Kravitz of WTHR-TV in Indianapolis, suggests that the referee failed to properly check the specifications of the balls (or was paid to look the other way ), the referee didn’t properly secure the balls before they were given to the ball attendant, or something happened to the balls after they were given to the ball attendant.
    Yeah, Bellicheat happened to the balls.... gross!
    Last edited by Jooser; 01-19-2015 at 10:23 AM.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jooser View Post
    no conscience whatsoever in his quest to win at all costs....
    Isnt this what you want in a head coach? If using deflated balls helps Tomlin get to 6 Super Bowls Im all for it. This story is a non issue to me.

Legend

User Info Menu

You seriously want to defend this guy? Why? The guy shows psychopathic tendencies, no conscience whatsoever in his quest to win at all costs....
    listen, i hate the pats as much as the next guy, but to think that 1 football was deflated on purpose and only NE got to use it every play is absurd.
    after almost every play 1 official spots the ball while another takes a different ball and places it between the hash marks. Balls get thrown to multiple ball boys on both sides of the field to be dried off, etc etc.
    if this thread is just about calling billicheat a POS, have at it.
    i think the author has his facts mixed up also. ill wait to hear more/better info later.

Legend

User Info Menu

Not really. It's actually disturbing to me to think about someone cheating at every turn to win. I'm not sure where this win-at-all-cost mentality comes from, but to answer you question twice, NO, I don't like it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Not really. It's actually disturbing to me to think about someone cheating at every turn to win. I'm not sure where this win-at-all-cost mentality comes from, but to answer you question twice, NO, I don't like it.

is there some special trophy you get for losing nfl games while not finding loopholes or advantages for your team?

Legend

User Info Menu

Win at all costs, if it breaks the rules, no prob!

Illegal filming of the opponent practice? No one went to the hospital because of it, right? So what's the issue?

How about paying someone with the flu to sell girl scout cookies at the opponent QB's house? No prob, they'll get over it in 2 weeks!

As long as the integrity of the game is preserved, what's the big deal??

It's all good, right?

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

is there some special trophy you get for losing nfl games while not finding loopholes or advantages for your team?
    No, but that's better than an asterisk beside the ones you do win,...just sayin'...