User Info Menu

Only a D'bag would care about his 40 time vs winning football games
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Maybe he could race a horse.

Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chucktownsteeler View Post
    Ask yourself this: Did they offer the contract to Wallace before Brown. If you answer "Yes", ask yourself this: What if Wallace had accepted the contract? Where would A. Brown be? Would we have M. Bryant or for that matter S. Coates.

The simple fact is the F.O.tried to sign Wallace. How hard they tried, I don't know. I just hate it when the average fan says the Steelers nailed it letting Wallace walk and signing Brown. Although factually true, not 100% accurate

those same average fans were the ones saying, "pay the man. give him the money"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    I love that jerk washing out his career in Minnesota where, seriously, no one gives a rip about NFL. He's done, whether he knows it or not.

And yes, the Steelers played it perfectly with Wallace and Antonio Brown. Our guy is the best player in the league, and Wallace is reduced to making up his 40 yard dash times.
    we played it perfectly AFTER Wallace rejected our offer.

it's like a guy playing it perfectly by marrying his wife after getting rejected by his selfish greedy cheating girlfriend.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post

it's like a guy playing it perfectly by marrying his wife after getting rejected by his selfish greedy cheating girlfriend.
    Correct, but not before.Let's be glad Wallace rejected the offer from the Steelers before they gave it to A. Brown

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I'm not placing the importance on "after" that you Wallace fans are. No one said the guy was worthless. I'm sure we/Steelers offered him money, just like I'm sure Brown was going to get offered money EVEN if Wallace was signed. The point it, we/Steelers played it perfectly in letting this VERY average, short lived, and not-worth-the-energy player go, and keeping the best player in the NFL around. There is no other way to look at this.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

They played it so Wallace would reject it. Like annoying your girlfriend to the point that she'll break up with you instead of you breaking up with her. Believe me, I've had to do this plenty of times in my young jiga days.
    [URL=http://s227.photobucket.com/user/AAFiorini/media/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg.html]<a href=http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd207/AAFiorini/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg target=_blank>http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...psgmcgfc1q.jpg</a>[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    those same average fans were the ones saying, "pay the man. give him the money"
    very few fans were in favor of giving Wallace the type of contract Miami gave him...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts View Post
    They played it so Wallace would reject it. Like annoying your girlfriend to the point that she'll break up with you instead of you breaking up with her. Believe me, I've had to do this plenty of times in my young jiga days.
    Quite the Jiga-lo.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Quite the Jiga-lo.
    You gotta do what you gotta do.
    [URL=http://s227.photobucket.com/user/AAFiorini/media/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg.html]<a href=http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd207/AAFiorini/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg target=_blank>http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...psgmcgfc1q.jpg</a>[/URL]