Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Butler says he will run

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    Jarvis Jones was considered a top ten pick in January.
    No way in hell DeCastro falls down to #24...
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'd also like to see some variety...the odd corner or safety blitz off the edge.
    Yep, haven't seen that in 4 years
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    No way in hell DeCastro falls down to #24...
    there's no way in this world that Limas Sweed drops down to the 2nd round to us...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    there's no way in this world that Limas Sweed drops down to the 2nd round to us...
    Or Mendenhall in the first that year. The whole world had Carolina taking him at 13. Instead they took Jonathan Stewart (who many thought would go to the Steelers). What hurts more? The fact that CJ2K was the pick right after Mendenhall, or that LT Duane Brown went three picks after the Steeler pick, in a draft where they needed a tackle? Instead the Steelers took Tony Hills in the fourth.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Or Mendenhall in the first that year. The whole world had Carolina taking him at 13. Instead they took Jonathan Stewart (who many thought would go to the Steelers). What hurts more? The fact that CJ2K was the pick right after Mendenhall, or that LT Duane Brown went three picks after the Steeler pick, in a draft where they needed a tackle? Instead the Steelers took Tony Hills in the fourth.
    Well they were probably going to take Mike Jenkins, who blows ass.

Couldnt imagine the bust talks had they taken Duane brown, who was a huge reach, and even in his 3rd year he was a part time player for the texans

Legend

User Info Menu

With 20-20 hindsight, we probably should have taken Matt Forte that year, who has a similar skill set to Le'Veon Bell in terms of being a well rounded RB who can run, catch, block, etc.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    With 20-20 hindsight, we probably should have taken Matt Forte that year, who has a similar skill set to Le'Veon Bell in terms of being a well rounded RB who can run, catch, block, etc.
    Although I don't think forte holds a candle. The 20/20 game can go a million ways.