Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: We would've beat Denver

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    We would have beaten Baltimore had Le'Veon Bell been able to play at full strength. In fact, I believe they would have run the table through the AFC.

Le'Veon Bell is a difference maker.
    The problem with that prediction is that the Steelers already got a chance to play Baltimore with Bell. Twice. We won one and we lost one. We actually lost the game when Bell did better statistically and we won the game when Bell was held to 20 yards on the ground and not much more in the air, but we managed to sack Flacco 4 times.

We lost to the Ravens because they got to Ben more consistently then we got to Flacco. Bell would have helped Ben overcome pressure, but I don't get how so many people simply assume we beat Baltimore with a healthy Bell.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MCHammer View Post
    The problem with that prediction is that the Steelers already got a chance to play Baltimore with Bell. Twice. We won one and we lost one. We actually lost the game when Bell did better statistically and we won the game when Bell was held to 20 yards on the ground and not much more in the air, but we managed to sack Flacco 4 times.

We lost to the Ravens because they got to Ben more consistently then we got to Flacco. Bell would have helped Ben overcome pressure, but I don't get how so many people simply assume we beat Baltimore with a healthy Bell.
    The way our OL and DL got handled by the Ratbirds, I'm not sure we win that game even with a healthy Bell.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    The way our OL and DL got handled by the Ratbirds, I'm not sure we win that game even with a healthy Bell.
    I agree, we lost both lines of scrimmage and it's pretty hard to win a game when you get dominated that way...

Legend

User Info Menu

Munchak's Maniacs were making such great strides, doing pretty well actually, and even the D was getting game-winning pressure the last few games ... what happened? Are we just not as athletic as the Ravens (suck), or ....?

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post
    Munchak's Maniacs were making such great strides, doing pretty well actually, and even the D was getting game-winning pressure the last few games ... what happened? Are we just not as athletic as the Ravens (suck), or ....?
    Ben was under less pressure than Flacco...

sometimes the QB has to move around or bounce from the pocket to make things happen.

Flacco did this, Ben did not.

I think some fans are underestimating how Bell changes the LB's responsibility when he is in the game. The DL and LB's ave to hesitate when Bell gets touches, even if he doesn't get huge gains in the running game the threat of him popping one is enough to give our OL an advantage.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Yea, but he isn't good enough to win playoff games (IMO) any longer and I'm not sure a team would pay him to get to the playoffs and not be able to win the tournament. I guess if a team wants to put people in seats they might think about it, but I doubt Peyton goes and plays for a bottom dweller just to increase attendance.

Pappy
    Perspective all depends on where you are standing. In places like Pittsburgh, Green Bay, New England, Seattle etc. Manning is nothing to consider. What if you were the GM in Buffalo? Cleveland? Houston?

Those teams won 9, 7, and 9 games respectively, and missed out on the playoffs - with QBs named Orton, Hoyer, and Fitzpatrick. Sports are funny. People make decisions based on how they want to manipulate their facts. These guys would not be saying "Great regular season QB but we'd be almost assured of one and done in the playoffs - too high a price to pay for playoff failure." They'd be saying "We almost made the playoffs with scrubs at QB. Add the GOAT and the sky is the limit!!"