Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: We would've beat Denver

Legend

User Info Menu

We would've beat Denver

Peyton Manning was awful yesterday.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I knew NE and Baltimore was the toughest, but what if.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

I agree, I was telling my step son (pastor at a church outside Pueblo) that IF we could get past Balt. He better be careful w/ the locals w/ steelers and remember his "christian" values and don't rub it in too much sending manning into retirement (joke). Seriously, it would of depended / fallen on our small DB vs their size of receivers. If they hold up, we were going to NE

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lord_of_six_rings View Post
    I agree, I was telling my step son (pastor at a church outside Pueblo) that IF we could get past Balt. He better be careful w/ the locals w/ steelers and remember his "christian" values and don't rub it in too much sending manning into retirement (joke). Seriously, it would of depended / fallen on our small DB vs their size of receivers. If they hold up, we were going to NE
    Mannings arm is done...

I wonder how Sanders feels about his QB after watching him melt in the playoffs.

Legend

User Info Menu

Unfortunately, Peyton fell off the cliff starting around the 9th game of the season and the decline was quick. It was difficult to watch knowing there was no way for him to get the ball down the field last night. That's a game he wins 90% of the time easily. I hope he retires and doesn't try play one more year, he's been great for so long, hopefully, he'll walk away and let the next generation of QBs take the spotlight.

He's been one of the good guys for the NFL.

Pappy

The 2024 Pittsburgh Steeler draft

1.20 - Troy Fautanu, T, Washington
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia
    3.84 - Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan
    3.98 - Payton Wilson, LB, UNC
    4.119 - Mason McCprmick, OG, S. Dakota St
    7.178 - Logan Lee, DT, Iowa
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Unfortunately, Peyton fell off the cliff starting around the 9th game of the season and the decline was quick. It was difficult to watch knowing there was no way for him to get the ball down the field last night. That's a game he wins 90% of the time easily. I hope he retires and doesn't try play one more year, he's been great for so long, hopefully, he'll walk away and let the next generation of QBs take the spotlight.

He's been one of the good guys for the NFL.

Pappy

i think he was injured the second half of the season.
    i think he still has 2-3 years left in him.
    even with his drop off, he is still better than 2/3 of the qbs in the league

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    i think he was injured the second half of the season.
    i think he still has 2-3 years left in him.
    even with his drop off, he is still better than 2/3 of the qbs in the league
    Yea, but he isn't good enough to win playoff games (IMO) any longer and I'm not sure a team would pay him to get to the playoffs and not be able to win the tournament. I guess if a team wants to put people in seats they might think about it, but I doubt Peyton goes and plays for a bottom dweller just to increase attendance.

Pappy

7.195 -

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Yea, but he isn't good enough to win playoff games (IMO) any longer and I'm not sure a team would pay him to get to the playoffs and not be able to win the tournament. I guess if a team wants to put people in seats they might think about it, but I doubt Peyton goes and plays for a bottom dweller just to increase attendance.

Pappy
    i think there is always a market for top tier qbs, even on their down side.
    there are plenty of fans(even on here) that are more than happy just making the playoffs.
    a .500 team without a qb might thing it would put them over the top.
    i'm not ready to see the guy retire yet.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    i think there is always a market for top tier qbs, even on their down side.
    there are plenty of fans(even on here) that are more than happy just making the playoffs.
    a .500 team without a qb might thing it would put them over the top.
    i'm not ready to see the guy retire yet.
    As a fan, I'm not ready to see him go yet either, but getting through an entire year even with the way he plays will be very difficult. I'll be surprised if he's back in Denver, maybe another team will take a chance, but I don't think it will be Denver.

Pappy

7.195 -

Legend

User Info Menu

I doubt anyone is willing to pay big dollars for Manning...

Maybe a team who needs to put people in the stands will take a chance on him but if I was Elway I would move on. The chances of Manning returning and playing better than last year are slim. I think we all saw a 39 year old player hit the wall.

It's like watching Jordan in a Wizards uniform. Sure, he could still get you 20 points and he was better than half the league but he didn't have it anymore and who wants to see a legend limp their way through a season.