Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Worilds Apart

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 7 UP View Post
    I am against signing him. Signing guys like this to big contracts is exactly why we never seem to get anywhere. We have all seen Worlids upside. I would rather try and bring in someone else and maybe hit a homerun than be locked into mediocrity for the next 5 years. Moats can give you similar production to Worlids. Hopefully Jarvis will be healthy next year.
    Brought it up in a previous post. Resign yourself to signing mediocre players, end up with a mediocre defense. And yes, you can't field a team of All-Pros but you also don't need to sign mediocre players to long term deals. Any deal with Worilds should be a very 'team friendly' one or it's bye-bye.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Brought it up in a previous post. Resign yourself to signing mediocre players, end up with a mediocre defense. And yes, you can't field a team of All-Pros but you also don't need to sign mediocre players to long term deals. Any deal with Worilds should be a very 'team friendly' one or it's bye-bye.
    It's the defensive equivalent of signing Gilbert.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 7 UP View Post
    Hopefully Jarvis will be healthy next year.
    Hope isn't a method and even if healthy after two years we still have no idea what we have. You need some proven production and as much as it's not optimal Worilds provides that. Even if not optimal it also isn't terrible, especially if they stop dropping him into coverage as much as they did last year.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Hope isn't a method and even if healthy after two years we still have no idea what we have. You need some proven production and as much as it's not optimal Worilds provides that. Even if not optimal it also isn't terrible, especially if they stop dropping him into coverage as much as they did last year.
    WE have no idea, but the Steelers certainly do...in any case, even if Jarvis does well next season, the system needs at least two OLBs on the field at the same time...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Arthur Moats is just as good as Worilds and may be better. He got 4 sacks in 34% of the snaps on Defense compared to Worilds 98.8% and 7.5 sacks. If Moats played as much as Worilds he may have gotten 10-14 sacks.

Steelers should sign him and let Worilds be lame for anyone else.
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Howard Jones may very well be in the discussion next year. The guy is a freak of an athlete. He needed some time to work on technique and bulk up some. I think he will be in the mix for that OLB slot. I don't think Worilds will be back. I do think Moats is resigned.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WVSteelerfan View Post
    Howard Jones may very well be in the discussion next year. The guy is a freak of an athlete. He needed some time to work on technique and bulk up some. I think he will be in the mix for that OLB slot. I don't think Worilds will be back. I do think Moats is resigned.
    I have high hopes on H. Jones, I think he has all the tools to develop into a starting OLB.
    On Worilds, I'd let him go and sign some free agent (Jabaal Sheard would be awesome).
    If I spell a word incorrectly or make a grammar mistake, I apologize. English is not my native language.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy View Post
    Arthur Moats is just as good as Worilds and may be better. He got 4 sacks in 34% of the snaps on Defense compared to Worilds 98.8% and 7.5 sacks. If Moats played as much as Worilds he may have gotten 10-14 sacks.

Steelers should sign him and let Worilds be lame for anyone else.
    If Moats was that good he would be a starter in this league. To say he would have 10-14 sacks is pretty "crazy" but you are SteelCrazy

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WVSteelerfan View Post
    I've heard Howard is super lean. That doesn't translate to success as an OLB in a 3-4. IMO he may be one of those guys who don't translate to the NFL despite being a great athlete.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    If Moats was that good he would be a starter in this league. To say he would have 10-14 sacks is pretty "crazy" but you are SteelCrazy
    I agree...

I love how people say a guy would have X amount of sacks if he played X amount of snaps.

It doesn't work that way...