Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Steelers' Ben Roethlisberger hopes to sign extension 'sooner than later'

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    ESPN Stats & Info @ESPNStatsInfo -
    ·
    Dozen years of dominance: Brady, Manning or Roethlisberger has been AFC Super Bowl QB in 11 of the past 12 years
    THere's a 9 year stretch where only 3 guys represented the AFC.

Legend

User Info Menu

Things that make you go hummmmm

[url]http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Late-For-Work-130-Skip-Bayless-Trolls-Terrell-Suggs/d44ca3f8-ad27-42fa-ae6b-a0361f7f1078[/url]

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Rookie

User Info Menu

At least Suggs recognizes how Ben is treated completely differently...how the refs allow other teams to beat the living $#!+ out of him...and isn't afraid to say it...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    How about this deal?

3 years 51 million with 40 guaranteed, and 3 one year options starting in the 4th year, 16 million, 13 million and 10 million per year, that's 90 million if plays at a high level for 6 more years, he still gets the 40 million guaranteed over three years, but the Steelers protect themselves in years 4-6 if his play declines. If he absolutely has to have 100 million then add some incentives for the extra 10 million. In this scenario they take care of Ben and protect themselves when he's 36, 37 and 38 years old. If by some chance he's still playing well they can work out something when he's 39 years old.

Pappy
    Wow Pappy, I can't see this one. First off, 6 years, $90M averages out to $15M. I can see a bit of a discount, but I think that might put him behind Landry Jones.

Also, with non-guaranteed contracts, the last three years of a six year contract are pretty much optional anyway. I am sure that the team would also rather have six years to spread the SB over than 3, as would be the case here.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'm curious as to how they structure it since he's probably only got 3-4 more years in the league. Obviously, I don't know this as a fact. But it seems like he's taken a lot of big shots over his career and those will take their toll sooner or later.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    I'm curious as to how they structure it since he's probably only got 3-4 more years in the league. Obviously, I don't know this as a fact. But it seems like he's taken a lot of big shots over his career and those will take their toll sooner or later.
    but, Haley fixed all that...
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Late-March Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Jackson Powers-Johnson, C, Oregon
    2.51 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.84 -
    "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.98 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    4.117 - Jordan Travis, QB, FSU
    6.178 -Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Isaac Guerendo, RB, Louisville

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    but, Haley fixed all that...
    I'm guessing the rolling eyes are symbolic of sarcasm here. Fine, but even if Ben was the least sacked QB in the league the next few years it wouldn't take away the pounding he's already taken.

Legend

User Info Menu

$130M - 7 years - $65M guaranteed

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    I'm guessing the rolling eyes are symbolic of sarcasm here. Fine, but even if Ben was the least sacked QB in the league the next few years it wouldn't take away the pounding he's already taken.
    Ben still took some big hits last year. It's not how many... it's how hard. That shot in the first Baltimore loss was prolly harder than most of the hits the last 3 years combined.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I really don't see how folks can be giving Haley sh!t. Last year was the first year that our team could be considered one of the premier offensive teams in the league.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!