Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Shawn's First Mock

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I like this draft but one has to ask how many LBers Steelers will keep drafting in Rd 1???? They have to start developing players and right now its not happening at Defensive side. Also he will not see any playing action as long as DL is the DC. Time to get a FA.

I think its time to get a TE in Rd 1. Maxx Williams will look nice in B&G.

Draft few DB and OLB in Rd2- Rd 4.
    Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by grotonsteel View Post
    I like this draft but one has to ask how many LBers Steelers will keep drafting in Rd 1???? They have to start developing players and right now its not happening at Defensive side. Also he will not see any playing action as long as DL is the DC. Time to get a FA.

I think its time to get a TE in Rd 1. Maxx Williams will look nice in B&G.

Draft few DB and OLB in Rd2- Rd 4.
    As many as they need.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Of the three positions that I mentioned which one are you referring to in this post?

Pappy
    sorry

Tackles is what i was referring to. we dont need a qb or WR in the 1st round

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    With a pathetic pass rush like we have that can only generate 33 sacks it won't matter who you have playing DB. In this NFL of today, a DB can't cover close or it is interference or holding. Only way to fix the defense is overwhelming pass rush and attacking the QB.
    Pass rush or no pass rush, the Steelers need DB's. The secondary is god awful.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    sorry

Tackles is what i was referring to. we dont need a qb or WR in the 1st round
    You have 5 possible tackles being selected in front of the Steelers, if those teams need the tackles they will draft them if the tackles are on the board, in the first round tackles go quick. I think a great football player is going to drop to the Steelers this year again. I'm not giving up on Shazier and Jones, I believe they are great football players. I have a feeling they are going to each be a force in this league soon. I have absolutely nothing to base that on and, in fact, if I would look at production it's much easier to say each won't produce. I just think they will.

Pappy
    Last edited by papillon; 01-06-2015 at 10:52 PM.

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    You have 5 possible tackles being selected in front of the Steelers, if those teams need the tackles they will draft them if the tackles are on the board, in the first round tackles go quick. I think a great football player is going to drop to the Steelers this year again. I'm not giving up on Shazier and Jones, I believe they are great football players. I have a feeling they are going to each be a force in this league soon. I have absolutely nothing to base that on and, in fact, if I would look at production it's much easier to say each won't produce. I just think they will.

Pappy
    i went back and checked on some teams because i wasnt sure of the situation with them and while i was at it checked all the teams i said might need one

changed the falcons to a No because they just drafted jake matthews.
    changed miami to a No because they used a 1st rounder on their LT as well
    houston has veteran duane brown. keep that as a maybe in case they go BPA and want to get younger but they're not hurting in that area

changed KC - they took fisher last year
    Last edited by NJ-STEELER; 01-07-2015 at 02:04 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

I agree with that premise but wonder since they are all scooped up early, how many teams that usually finish that low actually need one since they may have picked one up recently?

1 Tampa Bay qb
    2 Tennessee dont need one
    3 Jacksonville DNO
    4 Oakland***** could use one
    5 Washington DNO
    6 New York Jets DNO
    7 Chicago has to be D
    8 Atlanta**** DNO
    9 New York Giants DNO -D
    10 St. Louis DNO
    11 Minnesota DNO
    12 Cleveland DNO
    13 New Orleans *** PROBABLY NOT
    14 Miami**** dno
    15 San Francisco DNO
    16 Houston**** possibly
    17 San Diego took OT last year
    18 Kansas City*** DNO -took fisher
    19 Cleveland DNO
    20 Philadelphia DNO
    21 Cincinnati DNO

you never know

****updated

looks much more possible now focusing on needs, but i agree with you somewhat, would be awfly surprising to see 2nd best LT prospect fall into the 20s
    Last edited by NJ-STEELER; 01-07-2015 at 02:05 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

****updated

looks much more possible now focusing on needs, but i agree with you somewhat, would be awfly surprising to see 2nd best LT prospect fall into the 20s
    In addition to that, just read a blurb that it looks to be a strong draft for OTS.
    and (unfortunately) weak at cb and OLB

Legend

User Info Menu

****updated

Top 3 needs for all 32 teams.

According to this write up there are 7 teams before the Steelers that need an OT.
    There are 8 teams in need of a pass rusher
    There are 8 teams that need a CB (in a CB weak class)
    There are 3 that need a safety and they're all just above the Steelers
    Just some interesting info...

[URL]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000407751/article/2015-nfl-draft-order-top-3-needs-for-all-32-teams[/URL]

Pappy
    Last edited by papillon; 01-07-2015 at 02:36 AM.

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Thx

interesting read. But he's looking at it overall In the draft I believe. If the buds don't pick a QB in the 1st, Tampa fans will go crazy