Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Roethlisberger's Playoff Woes

Legend

User Info Menu

Roethlisberger's Playoff Woes

The Steelers are 0-4 in playoffs when Roethlisberger has 40 or more pass attempts.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Man don't get Crash started. Lol
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Ben has been most effective since he was a rookie when he throws less than 32 or 33 times per game. The Steelers didn't have the defense this year to stay with a non-existent running game, so they handed the ball to Ben and asked him to try and beat a very good Ravens defense, he couldn't last night. I'll take my chances with Ben all day.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Ben just can't seem to carry this team without the D. Seems like we need a D spark to get Ben to up his play. I don't fully understand it. It just doesn't feel like Ben has that clutch gene he once had.

There was a time I believed Ben could do anything. Not so much any more. I still think he's a great QB. But at the same time, I'm also concerned we're going to have to give more of our cap to Ben at a time that he's passed deserving so much of the cap. And I suspect it may hamstring us from winning future SuperBowls. Not that we can win them without him either. And not that we have anyone else that needs more of the cap dollars to stay and get us to another SuperBowl.

Our team needs to magically draft well again. That's really the only fix here that I see getting us over the hump. And I'm not 100% sold Tomlin/Colbert are the duo to get the right guys in the draft to right this ship.

I can't quite describe it. There's a lot to be hopeful about, but the path we're on still seems like it's just a path to above average as a team. I'm not sure how we get on the path to SuperBowl contention again?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Every QB folds against that Raven D last night during their super bowl.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Ben just can't seem to carry this team without the D. Seems like we need a D spark to get Ben to up his play. I don't fully understand it. It just doesn't feel like Ben has that clutch gene he once had.

There was a time I believed Ben could do anything. Not so much any more. I still think he's a great QB. But at the same time, I'm also concerned we're going to have to give more of our cap to Ben at a time that he's passed deserving so much of the cap. And I suspect it may hamstring us from winning future SuperBowls. Not that we can win them without him either. And not that we have anyone else that needs more of the cap dollars to stay and get us to another SuperBowl.

Our team needs to magically draft well again. That's really the only fix here that I see getting us over the hump. And I'm not 100% sold Tomlin/Colbert are the duo to get the right guys in the draft to right this ship.

I can't quite describe it. There's a lot to be hopeful about, but the path we're on still seems like it's just a path to above average as a team. I'm not sure how we get on the path to SuperBowl contention again?
    I am a little more positive on the Steelers than maybe you are. I think a lot of games come down to individual matchups and mismatches. That's one reason why we are seeing wildly different games from week to week.

A Brown is a mismatch for any CB in the NFL on any weekend.

Mike Adams and to a lesser extent M Gilbert is a negative mismatch in most games.

While Heyward was good this season, there really has been no one else beating their man in a mismatch on the defensive line. 22 sacks by Steelers LBs is not good enough to win very many games against good QBs. The DL needs to help. Tuitt may help that situation next season but was just too green this season. This defense really needs the OLBs to make more plays on a consistent basis. Some games this season they were completely irrelevant.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Ben has been most effective since he was a rookie when he throws less than 32 or 33 times per game. The Steelers didn't have the defense this year to stay with a non-existent running game, so they handed the ball to Ben and asked him to try and beat a very good Ravens defense, he couldn't last night. I'll take my chances with Ben all day.

Pappy
    I was curious so I looked it up. Since 2010 Roethlisberger is 3-14 when attempting >40 passes in a game in the regular season.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    I was curious so I looked it up. Since 2010 Roethlisberger is 3-14 when attempting >40 passes in a game in the regular season.
    Not surprising, I'd be interested in all the elite quarterbacks winning percentage when they have to sling it 40 times or more. They may be better than Ben's, but still probably 50/50 at best.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

should we have kept running harris and archer into the teeth of Balt's defense?

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    should we have kept running harris and archer into the teeth of Balt's defense?
    Until the people here understand context? The REAL fans who follow this team will get a bad rap from the ignorant fans who don't.