Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Dickey soft Defense at it again.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    the whole defense was disappointing.

We got out hit big time tonight and that's a bitter pill to swallow
    Yup. I watched a bunch of Steelers highlights today from 2005 forward. Those teams - with Porter / Harrison leading the defense and Bettis / Ward leading the offense - were tough. Tougher than the teams they played. The Steelers now are more of a finesse team.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Yup. I watched a bunch of Steelers highlights today from 2005 forward. Those teams - with Porter / Harrison leading the defense and Bettis / Ward leading the offense - were tough. Tougher than the teams they played. The Steelers now are more of a finesse team.
    In case you haven't noticed the league has changed plenty since 2005. Better yet, the league is always in a state of constant change.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    In case you haven't noticed the league has changed plenty since 2005. Better yet, the league is always in a state of constant change.
    So you we're pleased with the D on third and long today? What is the point of this post?
    Last edited by Ghost; 01-04-2015 at 01:09 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    Yeah, I've realized that the league has changed. But look at Seattle last year - they were a tough team. Soft teams don't win. They may put up fantasy numbers but they don't win. The Steelers need to get tougher.

Starter

User Info Menu

I dont think the Steelers played soft at all. But the Steelers blitzes were predictable. Every 3rd down the Ravens seemed to have the perfect answer for whatever we were about to run. Probably comes from doing the same thing over and over for 20 years.

Legend

User Info Menu

If by soft you mean 'lightweights' then I agree. The Steelers are very weak at OLB without JH, and moderately weak at ILB. Inability to stop BAL run game was a telltale sign tonight. Especially when you consider that is usually DL's number one priority for the defense. Never heard Worilds name called tonight.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 7 UP View Post
    I dont think the Steelers played soft at all. But the Steelers blitzes were predictable. Every 3rd down the Ravens seemed to have the perfect answer for whatever we were about to run. Probably comes from doing the same thing over and over for 20 years.
    The Ravens won the LOS on both sides of the ball. They were the tougher team tonight.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    If by soft you mean 'lightweights' then I agree. The Steelers are very weak at OLB without JH, and moderately weak at ILB. Inability to stop BAL run game was a telltale sign tonight. Especially when you consider that is usually DL's number one priority for the defense. Never heard Worilds name called tonight.
    He got an unsportsmanlike penalty.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Yeah, I've realized that the league has changed. But look at Seattle last year - they were a tough team. Soft teams don't win. They may put up fantasy numbers but they don't win. The Steelers need to get tougher.
    I don't believe toughness has anything to do with why the Steelers lost the game tonight. Being tough doesn't mean much at the NFL level when the other players are just as tough. The Steelers were out executed, period.

What the Steelers need to do is to improve and get better players on the defensive side of the ball. After all, they are rebuilding on that side of the ball. The defense needs better pass rushers at the OLB position that can win one on one matchups.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    He got an unsportsmanlike penalty.

Pappy
    Even that was a joke. An open handed slap and he almost missed.