Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: ILB isn't the right position for Shazier

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Well, given that there has been 720 Passing TDs scored compared to 330 Rushing TDs I'm not sure how you prove this isn't a passing league. Sure looks like the scoring is coming significantly more from passing than running to me. If you look at yardage it is 106,936 yards passing versus 49,992 yards rushing. Sure looks like a passing league to me.
    Numbers in a vacuum mean absolutely nothing. How do those numbers compare to historical data?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    That's even worse. Most teams tend to run right-handed and to the strong side. I cannot recall the stat I heard the other week but most runs are to the right.
    Yeah, that confused me as well. You typically want your more stout OLB on the left vs. the offensive strong side. You need a guy who can set the edge against a mauling RT and often times a TE as well. You want your speed rusher on the right side to attack the QB from his blind side.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Yeah, that confused me as well. You typically want your more stout OLB on the left vs. the offensive strong side. You need a guy who can set the edge against a mauling RT and often times a TE as well. You want your speed rusher on the right side to attack the QB from his blind side.
    AGAIN!!...This is with the idea of having Bernadrick McKinney inside. Sometimes you can under-compensate when you are over-compensated elsewhere.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    AGAIN!!...This is with the idea of having Bernadrick McKinney inside. Sometimes you can under-compensate when you are over-compensated elsewhere.

....and also to utilize the speed of Shazier in the pass rush. He will do better versus the leagues RT than he will versus the leagues LT. But if you guys want to get hung up on what will happen to him versus the run go ahead. No matter who has been there on that side the past 10 years, they all have struggled versus the run.

Legend

User Info Menu

....and also to utilize the speed of Shazier in the pass rush. He will do better versus the leagues RT than he will versus the leagues LT. But if you guys want to get hung up on what will happen to him versus the run go ahead. No matter who has been there on that side the past 10 years, they all have struggled versus the run.
    We have struggled against the run for 10 years?
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    We have struggled against the run for 10 years?
    I *think* he said the ROLB struggled against the run... I'll give him Haggans... and Worilds... But, Deebo's been there... can't give him that one.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Early April Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama
    2.51 - Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan
    3.84 -Sedrick Van Pran-Granger, C, Georgia
    3.98 -<tbd>
    4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington

Legend

User Info Menu

AGAIN!!...This is with the idea of having Bernadrick McKinney inside.
    we're not going to draft another ILB in the first round this year...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

No nobody said that. But whoever has played LOLB has had issues stopping the run for at least the past 10 years.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

No nobody said that. But whoever has played LOLB has had issues stopping the run for at least the past 10 years.
    Woodley did a pretty good job against the run.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    we're not going to draft another ILB in the first round this year...
    You do not know that. They will pick the best player available regardless of need when they draft but since they wont bring back Jason Worilds there could be a possibility that a LB could be drafted.