Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 9-5, not bad at all.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post
    Beats 8-8 for sure. It's win or watch the playoffs for our team. I like the survivor mentality playing out on the field, the aggressive playcalling like the 3rd down pass to Heath.
    Oh the horror, Mike Tomlin has another "winning" (or, non-losing) season under his belt, the Rooneys are drawing up the extension as we type, much to the chagrin of many. This should have many gnashing their teeth in dismay.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Help me understand, do we still fire our terrible Head Coach at 9-5...I'm so confused.
    If we somehow (God forbid) end up at 9-7, there will be plenty of people (unrightfully so) calling for his and/or Haley's head.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    I agree, Ghost. I for one no longer spend as much $ as I used to. Tickets, food at stadium, shirts, etc.

The league is headed in the wrong direction, imo.
    Same here. I feel ripped off. Oh well. God bless the NHL.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    If we somehow (God forbid) end up at 9-7, there will be plenty of people (unrightfully so) calling for his and/or Haley's head.
    unless we win the SB by 14 points they will call for Tomlin's head.

Legend

User Info Menu

I think Tomlin is still on the hot seat here along with Colbert.

Tomlin comes to us as a defensive coach and he is struggling for years to field a serviceable D. How many top picks does he get to waste on D that don't pan out? How long can we settle with horrible defensive play? And the worst part is do any of you see the light at the end of the tunnel? We don't have any great players coming up on that side of the ball. This D could be stuck in mediocrity. And I don't really trust Colbert/Tomlin to draft players to fix it. Do you?

Tomlin is starting to remind me of Brian Billick. Brian was an offensive guy that couldn't put together an offense to save his life in Baltimore. But he had this great D that carried him for years. Brian was a good enough coach. The Ravens had a good GM getting him good players. But for the life of him, the guy couldn't help his team in his area of specialty. And it seemed like the Ravens were better off after Brian left.

Sometimes as a coach, you get stuck in a rut. You can't change/develop the talent fast enough. And sometimes the way the organization is going gets out of your control. Tomlin's a good coach. As good as just about any. But at the same time, it feels like we really have to shake things up to get this Defense back on track. And it feels like we're really struggling to bring in quality players. I think Tomlin/Colbert have to be held accountable for some of those issues.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post

Tomlin comes to us as a defensive coach and he is struggling for years to field a serviceable D. How many top picks does he get to waste on D that don't pan out? How long can we settle with horrible defensive play? And the worst part is do any of you see the light at the end of the tunnel? We don't have any great players coming up on that side of the ball. This D could be stuck in mediocrity. And I don't really trust Colbert/Tomlin to draft players to fix it. Do you?

Tomlin is starting to remind me of Brian Billick. Brian was an offensive guy that couldn't put together an offense to save his life in Baltimore. But he had this great D that carried him for years. Brian was a good enough coach. The Ravens had a good GM getting him good players. But for the life of him, the guy couldn't help his team in his area of specialty. And it seemed like the Ravens were better off after Brian left.

Sometimes as a coach, you get stuck in a rut. You can't change/develop the talent fast enough. And sometimes the way the organization is going gets out of your control. Tomlin's a good coach. As good as just about any. But at the same time, it feels like we really have to shake things up to get this Defense back on track. And it feels like we're really struggling to bring in quality players. I think Tomlin/Colbert have to be held accountable for some of those issues.
    Tomlin isn't on the hot seat.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Considering that the team fired an OC two years after an SB and at the end of a 12-4 season, this could be possible.

Somehow, I doubt it though.

Personally, I think its a foolish idea.

Legend

User Info Menu

I believe that the team will take the DC to task for the D before the HC.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bostonsteeler View Post
    Considering that the team fired an OC two years after an SB and at the end of a 12-4 season, this could be possible.

Somehow, I doubt it though.

Personally, I think its a foolish idea.
    I could see Lebeau getting the boot if he was in his first tenure as a DC like Arians because the D is under performing IMO. The only reason DL hasn't been fired is due to his legendary status in our org.

However, I don't see Tomlin getting the Arians treatment anytime soon.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I could see Lebeau getting the boot if he was in his first tenure as a DC like Arians because the D is under performing IMO. The only reason DL hasn't been fired is due to his legendary status in our org.

However, I don't see Tomlin getting the Arians treatment anytime soon.
    $$$$$ The tenured professor of defense won't get fired but hopefully he will be encouraged to do the right thing and move. Argue all you want but his defenses get worse every year. Only his supposed "legend status" and Rooney loyalty allows him to keep his job. Tomlin will coach the Steelers for many more years much to the disappointment of so many.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"