Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Jason Worilds- Does he stay or does he go?

Legend

User Info Menu

Legend

User Info Menu

For nano second Worilds helmet is in the neck area.....
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Rookie

User Info Menu

Only because Ryan's head snapped forward...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Heck, Worilds was looking *straight* all the time. Classic technique, text book.
    Guess they have to rewrite the textbooks now.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    Does Worilds stay or go? It all depends on the money he wants. If he wants star money, he's gone. If he'll be content with a more reasonable deal, he might get to stay. He's not worth his current salary, that's for sure.
    You're assuming that there will be (star money) suitors. I don't see it.

He will certainly still get a good deal from someone... I think he will get offers probably 20-30% less than he made this year. In that case, I would stay say auf wiedersehen to him. The guy is not appreciably better than Moats, who we can have at half the price.

The thing with Worilds is that he is not a playmaker. In other words, he doesn't step up when you need him most, he doesn't set a tone, etc. He is good... when the rest of the team is playing good. He's that kind of player.
    I wasn't hired for my disposition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    He got robbed on that play. We all did. There should be a background investigation of that Ref, test for LSD, how much time he spends with bookies, etc. That was just wrong. How is that tackle by Worilds against the rules?
    He hit him too hard, you have to flag that tackle in today's NFL.

Pappy

The 2024 Pittsburgh Steeler draft

1.20 - Troy Fautanu, T, Washington
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia
    3.84 - Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan
    3.98 - Payton Wilson, LB, UNC
    4.119 - Mason McCprmick, OG, S. Dakota St
    7.178 - Logan Lee, DT, Iowa
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Watching the game I wondered if he was concussed from the way he got up, and watching that bounce on the turf in the vid above makes me think he probably was.

I was thinking at the time they should take him off and do neuro tests, but no, just throw a flag.

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    we'll free up $10 million if we don't re-sign Worilds plus the cap will rise next year...
    Worilds isn't currently on the books for next year, so no money is freed up.

Legend

User Info Menu

Not sure how the Worilds thing will play out. I doubt the Steelers overpay him, I'm not convinced there isn't a team out there that will overpay him.

If they can retain Moats, and either draft a rookie or perhaps contemplate moving Shazier outside, the Steelers could pick up an OLB like Ahmad Brooks from the 49ers (who are going to need to release players, let alone re-sign players, to a cap friendly deal. He's not a 'great' OLB, but he brings attitude & plays his responsibilities well. And at 30ish, he gives the Steelers a year or 2 to develop another OLB to replace him.

I'm not 100% comfortable with Moats starting, but in a rotation, he's very valuable.

I'm in favour of moving Shazier outside, a la Chad Brown of the past, to let his speed & athletisism be taken advantage of. Vince Williams/Sean Spence can handle the ILB duties.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    Worilds isn't currently on the books for next year, so no money is freed up.
    semantics.

this year we are paying Worilds almost $10 million and next year we won't be which frees up the almost $10 million to be spent elsewhere...