Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25

Thread: Chris Rock: Roethlisberger is ‘the original Cosby’

  1. #1
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Chris Rock: Roethlisberger is ‘the original Cosby’

    During an appearance Tuesday in Baltimore, Rock referred to Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger as “the original Cosby,” according to the Baltimore Sun.

    “That’s horrible, that’s gonna go everywhere,” he added for his anti-Steelers crowd of Ravens supporters while promoting his new film “Top Five.”

    In 2010, Roethlisberger was investigated for allegedly sexually assaulting a 20-year-old college student in the bathroom of a Georgia nightclub. No charges were filed, but Roethlisberger was suspended by commissioner Roger Goodell for the first six games of the next season. Roethlisberger also was the subject of a lawsuit accusing him of raping a woman in Lake Tahoe in 2008.

    Bill Cosby faces a staggering range of rape accusations from numerous women from over the course of his Hollywood career. The recent spate of accusations against Cosby began in October when comedian Hannibal Buress spotlighted Cosby’s questionable history.

    [url]http://nypost.com/2014/12/10/chris-rock-calls-ben-roethlisberger-the-original-cosby/[/url]
    2019 Mock

    1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

  2. #2
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Come on everyone. The Court of Public Opinion Rules in America.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

  3. #3
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Sad but true. The most ignorant "court" rules. Gruber is right. Whole lotta stupid out there.

  4. #4
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy View Post
    During an appearance Tuesday in Baltimore, Rock referred to Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger as “the original Cosby,” according to the Baltimore Sun.

    “That’s horrible, that’s gonna go everywhere,” he added for his anti-Steelers crowd of Ravens supporters while promoting his new film “Top Five.”

    In 2010, Roethlisberger was investigated for allegedly sexually assaulting a 20-year-old college student in the bathroom of a Georgia nightclub. No charges were filed, but Roethlisberger was suspended by commissioner Roger Goodell for the first six games of the next season. Roethlisberger also was the subject of a lawsuit accusing him of raping a woman in Lake Tahoe in 2008.

    Bill Cosby faces a staggering range of rape accusations from numerous women from over the course of his Hollywood career. The recent spate of accusations against Cosby began in October when comedian Hannibal Buress spotlighted Cosby’s questionable history.

    [URL]http://nypost.com/2014/12/10/chris-rock-calls-ben-roethlisberger-the-original-cosby/[/URL]
    Following that assinine logic, I guess Ray Lewis is the "original John Gotti" then

  5. #5
    Backup

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Following that assinine logic, I guess Ray Lewis is the "original John Gotti" then
    Ray Lewis is called a murderer on this board all the time.

  6. #6
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Yes, but with much more basis for the accusation than ever existed about Ben being a "rapist". Ben was never arrested or charged with a crime. Lewis was indicted for murder. Two weeks into the murder trial, the charge was dropped in exchange for his agreement to testify against his co-defendants and to plead guilty to obstruction of justice, which he did.
    Last edited by RobinCole; 12-11-2014 at 01:54 PM.

  7. #7
    Backup

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by RobinCole View Post
    Yes, but with much more basis for the accusation than ever existed about Ben being a "rapist". Ben was never arrested or charged with a crime. Lewis was indicted for murder. Two weeks into the murder trial, the charge was dropped in exchange for his agreement to testify against his co-defendants and to plead guilty to obstruction of justice, which he did.
    we are talking about public opinion.. no one cares about arrest or charges unless they are a fan of the Steelers.

  8. #8
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Again, the public opinion expressed here about Lewis has more basis in fact than the public opinion expressed elsewhere about Ben.

  9. #9
    Starter

    User Info Menu

    I hope Goodell dosent read this article. Hes likely re-suspend Ben to make sure and keep public outcry in check.

  10. #10
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    I've never called Ray Lewis a "murderer" but I of course have my suspicions.
    I have my suspicions about Ben also but I would never call him a Rapist so easily like the people Gruber was talking about.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •