Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 8-5... are you happy or mad?

Legend

User Info Menu

Frustrated. If this team would take care of business against the dregs of the league, they would really be in the driver's seat. There is no excuse for a team that can play this well to lose to the Bucs and the Jets. Win those games, and the Steelers have 10 wins and control of the division, and we're discussing the potential for a first round bye.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I am even Steven.

I expected 10 wins this year but not in the manner of how this season played out.

My Big Concern on Offense was "would we even have a 2nd WR this year since Wheaton was unproven" Well the WR corp has exceeded my expectations.

DEFENSE however is greatly concerning. I was worried about this teams overall DEPTH and the ability to not generate a pass rush. So far WORILDS has been a HUGE disappointment. I thought he'd get 12 sacks since it's his big contract year but not even close. Am I the only one who sees this defense getting picked apart in the playoffs??? It's almost pointless.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    I am even Steven.

I expected 10 wins this year but not in the manner of how this season played out.

My Big Concern on Offense was "would we even have a 2nd WR this year since Wheaton was unproven" Well the WR corp has exceeded my expectations.

DEFENSE however is greatly concerning. I was worried about this teams overall DEPTH and the ability to not generate a pass rush. So far WORILDS has been a HUGE disappointment. I thought he'd get 12 sacks since it's his big contract year but not even close. Am I the only one who sees this defense getting picked apart in the playoffs??? It's almost pointless.
    With Ike we get torched.. without him we are more competitive IMO.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Last year, we were 5-8...this year, we are 8-5...

Am I happy compare to last season? Hell yes...

Am I happy compared to 2004? 2005? 2008? 2010? No...not yet, at any rate...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post

Hey, no fair using that to make a point ... that's from a game last year ... isn't Hood gone now (#95)?

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post
    Hey, no fair using that to make a point ... that's from a game last year ... isn't Hood gone now (#95)?
    Yes he is...and that gives us plenty of reason to be happy.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Hood was #96, Jarvis is #95...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    Yes he is...and that gives us plenty of reason to be happy.
    Its a wash TO...we lost Hood but gained Cam Thomas
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel View Post
    Its a wash TO...we gained by losing Hood but lost by gaining Cam Thomas
    there, fixed that for you

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    dude... you talk about trading Ben a ton in the gameday chats. Are you just frustrated or do you truly think he is done?
    Cant you make out?

Sheer frustration. I see a golden opportunity slip by. We have a once in a generation QB and outstanding talent on O (AB, Leveon, and now Bryant), and they regularly foul it up, knowing fully well this D isn't going to bail them out.

I do think he'll be done in a few seasons, and unless the team builds its D up, those will be wasted seasons. So, I think its time to draft the next star to be Ben's understudy for a couple of years, a-la Rodgers.