Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: No overreaction but...

Backup

User Info Menu

No overreaction but...

Tomlin needs to get fired! To consistently lose to the worst teams in the NFL each year...the Raiders last year, the Jets, The Bucs,,,the 4-7 Saints and so on and so on.

I think we are the only team that would bring back an old coach...Welcome--Bill Cowher.

I don't think this is inevitable, but it must happen if we keep this trend up.
    Also LeBeau needs to let the guy behind him finally have his chance at this D. (LB COACH)
    Thoughts?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

One thing in common about losing to bad teams..... The star Qb had been bad in all of them, so I guess you fire Ben also???
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Ben wasn't bad against Tampa. He was a non factor by choice against the Jets. They were down 17-0 before he committed one turnover.

Only 4 games left. Then the scapegoat won't be around anymore.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by legend of polamalu View Post
    Tomlin needs to get fired! To consistently lose to the worst teams in the NFL each year...the Raiders last year, the Jets, The Bucs,,,the 4-7 Saints and so on and so on.

I think we are the only team that would bring back an old coach...Welcome--Bill Cowher.

I don't think this is inevitable, but it must happen if we keep this trend up.
    Also LeBeau needs to let the guy behind him finally have his chance at this D. (LB COACH)
    Thoughts?
    My thoughts? Yes, definitely an overreaction. You should get rid of the Off and Def Coords first because they have the most direct responsibility for game prep and in game play calling. That was Bill Cowher's key to success...fire his coordinators.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

I don't believe Tomlin has the authority to fire LeBeau and Haley.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MrHand View Post
    I don't believe Tomlin has the authority to fire LeBeau and Haley.
    Unfortunately you are probably correct.

Backup

User Info Menu

My case:
    When you lose to bad teams consistently it is the coaching. Whether it is the off or def Co. or Head Coach.
    The lack of discipline, (bell and blount not punished) (Days off for vets.)
    Tomlin also can't manage the end of games or a game clock.
    3 years in a row without making the playoffs with Ben on your team.

Again...I don't know if this should happen. But I would be thinking of it. This is getting old. The Jets just got beat by 45 plus points to an average team.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Stop re-writing Cowher's history. He lost to plenty of bad teams.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Tomlin isn't getting fired, nor should he be

But some here like to act like he can go 8-8 or 9-7 ad nauseum and keep his job. That is bunk

I'm a fan of the Pittsburgh steelers, not the mike tomlin's. He is a "replaceable carbon unit" just like all the rest as some like to say

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Oh it would not shock me one bit if Tomlin were fired.

Nothing Art II would do is surprising.

You can tell just by the way he talks he scours the net for feedback.