Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rex Ryan

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Rex Ryan

interested in other opinions about Rex Ryan.

I don't think Coach Lebeau is going anywhere. But IF for some reason he isn't here next year - thoughts on Ryan to replace?

He's certainly a players coach
    very aggressive
    he makes me laugh.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

If he stays out of the media, would live him.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Starlifter View Post
    interested in other opinions about Rex Ryan.

I don't think Coach Lebeau is going anywhere. But IF for some reason he isn't here next year - thoughts on Ryan to replace?

He's certainly a players coach
    very aggressive
    he makes me laugh.
    Its a good idea IMO. He's a terrific defensive mind.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I would have to say no. Just have never been a fan even though he has had some good success on that side of the ball.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

He would be a legend here

Starter

User Info Menu

I like Rex as a coach. I think a lot of teams do. He gets another HC job right away IMHO.

Starter

User Info Menu

It would be interesting to see Rex Ryan take a "back seat" to Tomlin.

I'm not a big fan of his. $h!++y character. Smart guy. Knows the game, big time. Big D-bag who I would have to learn to support if he were to come to Pittsburgh, that's for sure.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 8467thekraken View Post
    It would be interesting to see Rex Ryan take a "back seat" to Tomlin.

I'm not a big fan of his. $h!++y character. Smart guy. Knows the game, big time. Big D-bag who I would have to learn to support if he were to come to Pittsburgh, that's for sure.
    from everything ive ever heard rex is a stand up guy and very well respected.

HILARIOUS that the same people who hate tomlin for his cliches towards the media and not having enough emotion and "fire" on the sidelines hate rex for being a "douche"...but he (used to) speak his mind to the media and motivate his team, nothing wrong with creating competition and challenging your players to be great.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    from everything ive ever heard rex is a stand up guy and very well respected.

HILARIOUS that the same people who hate tomlin for his cliches towards the media and not having enough emotion and "fire" on the sidelines hate rex for being a "douche"...but he (used to) speak his mind to the media and motivate his team, nothing wrong with creating competition and challenging your players to be great.
    Rex has a great defensive mind and it's been proven year after year. Tomlin...yeah. Not exactly sure what he brings besides cliches but anyway Rex would be a fantastic addition. Butler is the heir apparent though so I doubt we make a move.

Legend

User Info Menu

Ryan will get a cushy job with a network. I expect him to be very good at it. Just like Cowher and Gruden, it may be difficult for him to return.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.