Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pouncey: Blount's Release "blessing in disguise"

Legend

User Info Menu

LeGarrette Blount unclaimed on waivers

Posted by Michael David Smith on November 19, 2014, 5:29 PM EST
    blount
    AP
    LeGarrette Blount has undeniable talent, but no team thinks he’s worth the trouble.

Blount went unclaimed on waivers today, a day after the Steelers sent him packing after he headed to the locker room early on Monday night in Tennessee. Blount is now a free agent.

There have been stories about Blount being a problem from a character and work ethic perspective for years, so it’s no surprise that no team wanted him. He just isn’t worth the headaches.

Still, Blount is a running back who has averaged 4.6 yards a carry over his five-year NFL career and also has experience as a kickoff returner, so it’s possible that some team will give him a shot later in the season. If a team fighting for a playoff spot suffers an injury at running back late in the season Blount may get another chance.

If not, Blount may have already burned his last chance.
    ....and there ya have it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Le'Veon Bell: LeGarrette Blount 'made a mistake' by leaving field early

Pittsburgh Steelers running back Le'Veon Bell said he talked to ex-teammate LeGarrette Blount and that Blount realizes he made a mistake by leaving before Monday night’s game was complete.

Blount left the field before the end of the team’s 27-24 win over the Tennessee Titans, presumably upset about his lack of playing time as he did not get any carries in the game. The team released him fewer than 24 hours after the game. Bell rushed for a career-high 204 yards in the game.

Blount went unclaimed on waivers and can now sign with any team. Bell said he talked to his "close friend" after he was cut.

“He’s not in the best mood ever, but he understands he made a mistake. “It’s unfortunate what happened,” Bell said to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. "But it is what it is. He made his decision. Obviously I still wanted him here, but there are some things you can’t do. He pushed those buttons, and that’s what happens.”

"It was surprising because I didn't see that coming." Bell said. "There's some things you can't do. He pushed those buttons, and that's what happens."

Bell is the NFL’s second-leading rusher with 951 yards. He said his approach won’t change as he is expected to receive more carries over the final month of the season. If he needs rest, the team will go to rookies Dri Archer and Josh Harris as Bell’s backups.

“I don’t really feel pressure,” Bell said. “This is what I trained for. I didn’t feel fatigued in the game or tired. As long as I continue to work and train as I’ve been, I’ll be fine.”

The Steelers have a bye next week before taking on the New Orleans Saints at home on Nov. 30.

[url]http://www.si.com/nfl/2014/11/20/pittsburgh-steelers-leveon-bell-legarrette-blount[/url]
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Legend

User Info Menu

It never ceases to amaze how self destructive some of these guys can be
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    It never ceases to amaze how self destructive some of these guys can be
    [url]http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4772614/legarrette-blount-meeting-with-patriots[/url]

Self destructive or self preservation?

I bet money Blount knew if he was cut the Pats would pick him up.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    [URL]http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4772614/legarrette-blount-meeting-with-patriots[/URL]

Self destructive or self preservation?

I bet money Blount knew if he was cut the Pats would pick him up.
    Me too. Who knows, maybe the Pats already let him know they wish they could have him back ? Now he collects two paychecks.

Legend

User Info Menu

Alex Kozora @Alex_Kozora -

Maurkice Pouncey has played 991 snaps in 2014. He has only allowed half a sack. #Steelers

[URL]https://twitter.com/Alex_Kozora[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post

Maurkice Pouncey has played 991 snaps in 2014. He has only allowed half a sack. #Steelers

Best season of his career, IMO. Great to see.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post

Just imagine if we cut him because he wore a hat and kept Fernando Velasco instead, and some had suggested.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Just imagine if we cut him because he wore a hat and kept Fernando Velasco instead, and some had suggested.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    just imagine if he didn't get hurt last year? We may have been a playoff team.