Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I know Cortez Allen has had a rough start, but

Legend

User Info Menu

I know Cortez Allen has had a rough start, but

I think its time to give him another shot. He didnt do as bad as most think. He was a matter of inches away from breaking up a lot of those catches that got him benched. Maybe he can play safety. Mitchell should be benched.
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Legend

User Info Menu

And not to mention he has a pretty large chunk of money tied up..
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Legend

User Info Menu

He can't lift his arms above his shoulders, it's a religious restriction, gotta respect that.

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

Been thinking the same thing about him at Safety...
    Why not?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Been thinking the same thing about him at Safety...
    Why not?
    Has he ever played safety? The things that plagued him at corner aren't going away because he's playing safety. I think next year will be best for him. He needs training camp and pre-season to get his head straight.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Backup

User Info Menu

He isn't that bad. I mean he was only rated the worst starting corner in the league for 6 weeks /sarcasm
    Last edited by JoshBroski; 11-18-2014 at 03:49 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Has he ever played safety? The things that plagued him at corner aren't going away because he's playing safety. I think next year will be best for him. He needs training camp and pre-season to get his head straight.

Pappy
    Things that plague him is doesn't look back.
    He is usually in good position but cant find the ball.
    Reminds me of Dwayne Washington.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Things that plague him is doesn't look back.
    He is usually in good position but cant find the ball.
    Reminds me of Dwayne Washington.
    I'll admit that I don't watch closely enough, but the few times that I can recall he didn't seem to even be in the same zip code as the receiver. If looking back is his problem, then maybe playing safety will be good for him, because the game is basically in front of him and he doesn't really have to turn and cover like a CB.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

He has played well at points in his career, but has been awful when on the field in 2014. Sometimes a player needs that time off the field in order to get his head on straight. At some point he has to get back on to see if it worked. The time might be now to begin working him back in. If Ike is ready to go, maybe get Allen some work in the nickel and dime as they both need to work themselves back into game shape.

Legend

User Info Menu

Since so much time during each week of the season is devoted to gameplanning for that specific week's opponent, opportunities to refresh fundamentals and such can fall by the wayside at times...except when you have a bye. Perhaps Lake can work more one-on-one with Cortez during this off week to get his mind back where it needs to be for the stretch run.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.