Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: What was LeBeau thinking?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

So to you it was just the ineptitude of the D players on that play? Not the call that may have caused the ineptitude of the players? See still confused. Egg or chicken type question for me.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Because I won't give the Def Coord a pass for recent failures because of past glories? What is in the past is in the past. What is happening now is what matters.
    Tell the Lesions of Doom that all those 1-8 vs. .200 teams are in the past, so they don't matter anymore.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SS Laser View Post
    So to you it was just the ineptitude of the D players on that play? Not the call that may have caused the ineptitude of the players? See still confused. Egg or chicken type question for me.
    Just like in the playoff loss to Denver, they play call had no one deep. But unlike the Denver game, TN had no ability to score other than a bomb since only 40 seconds were left. So, they only possible way to score was allowed to be uncovered deep. That is not chicken or the egg type of thing. True, Gay got fooled, but there should have been deep help. There is no excuse for not having it. LaBeue screwed up, massively. But if you are going to have an 80-year-old as your DC, you can expect this stuff.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Mettenberger has never scene our D before. Maybe he was fooled but then again, that would give DL credit and we can't have that.
    Well it did not seem to phase him much. Plus the head coach HAS seen a ton of a DL defense. Also there own DC is from the DL coaching tree. So I don't think the defense FOOLED MB the rookie QB much at all. It was his own ability and that teams that was his down fall in this game. But that is another principle of a DL D. Don't screw up on D and let the other teams offense screw itself!

Backup

User Info Menu

Yes, that's my opinion, unless DL had us in a defense with no safety playing everything in front. Gay shouldn't have bitten on the short pass, and we should have had someone over the top. One of those mistakes would have been bad enough in that situation. Both of them? That's not a great call, that's really, really bad defense in that situation.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Tell the Lesions of Doom that all those 1-8 vs. .200 teams are in the past, so they don't matter anymore.
    Do you understand what a trend is? Through a series of events, with enough repetition, one can predict upcoming events. 1-8 vs. sub .200 teams is most definitely a trend. History demonstrates that Tomlin is fail at getting the team mentally focused when facing the worst teams. The trend clearly exists. 1-8 is a shockingly poor record vs. the very worst teams. This indicated Tomlin's in ability to get the team prepared unless they know, on their own, they are facing a good team that requires full effort. I called this into question before the Jets game, and I was proven right to have done so. Period. That's it. End of story. I envisioned this very thing.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

What is is like posting the same thing over and over again? Its almost like your posting is a series of events, with enough repetition, that one could predict.

A nonsensical trend of posting the same thing day after day after day and constantly looking for attention.

Legend

User Info Menu

Well it did not seem to phase him much. Plus the head coach HAS seen a ton of a DL defense. Also there own DC is from the DL coaching tree. So I don't think the defense FOOLED MB the rookie QB much at all. It was his own ability and that teams that was his down fall in this game. But that is another principle of a DL D. Don't screw up on D and let the other teams offense screw itself!
    the initial pick 6 was enough though...

like you said, Tennessee has a ton of info on DL but it was his first pass of the night that got him in trouble.

DL likes to sit back and let rookies make mistakes.

we have to remember our D is missing a ton of starters and our young heads will make mistakes.

it's not like mettenburger had 3 TD's and 400 yards. We let him toss it around a bit and shut him down in the 4th qtr when they . needed points.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    Do you understand what a trend is? Through a series of events, with enough repetition, one can predict upcoming events. 1-8 vs. sub .200 teams is most definitely a trend. History demonstrates that Tomlin is fail at getting the team mentally focused when facing the worst teams. The trend clearly exists. 1-8 is a shockingly poor record vs. the very worst teams. This indicated Tomlin's in ability to get the team prepared unless they know, on their own, they are facing a good team that requires full effort. I called this into question before the Jets game, and I was proven right to have done so. Period. That's it. End of story. I envisioned this very thing.
    and yet, we beat TN and sit at 7-4. what is your real beef? you keep ranting about negative things after losses AND wins.

why are you so angry after a W?

Legend

User Info Menu

Do you understand what a trend is? Through a series of events, with enough repetition, one can predict upcoming events.
    A trend is knowing that regardless of whether we win or lose a particular game, certain posters will undoubtedly bash a certain coach because he is black, or another coach because he is old, or another coach because he played golf in college instead of football, or just merely to gain attention. A trend is knowing that some posters will inevitably always see themselves as a true realist while the others are blind sheep optimists, while others posters will inevitably always see themselves as a true realist while the others are miserable, bitter pessimists. A trend is knowing that some posters will inevitably engage in total conjecture regarding what goes on behind closed doors, and then pass off those random musings somehow as absolute fact. I am mentioning no names here, although I'm sure I will be accused of engaging in ad hominem attacks anyway.

I envisioned this very thing.
    You also envisioned this team going into the toilet about a month and a half ago. Rather than in the playoff hunt at 7-4, you had us in the mix for a top 10 draft pick at this point and falling even further in the last month. One last trend: Those who tend to engage in "look at me, I'm so smart" behaviors, particularly when those predictions involve the demise of our favorite team, as if you are reveling in the team's failures because they prove your point rather than celebrating victories, will inevitably be seen as the pinnacle of douchebaggery. Questions will inevitably rise as to why some would rather be right than have their team be successful.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.