Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ben Roethlisberger=Andy Dalton

Legend

User Info Menu

Ben Roethlisberger=Andy Dalton

At least for this week. As much as he has been praised the last few weeks, he played like A Dalton reincarnated. THought maybe after the roughing call against the Jets he would get angry and play like a demon but alas, no.

Starter

User Info Menu

Did you watch the Bengals game the other night? Not even close.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 7 UP View Post
    Did you watch the Bengals game the other night? Not even close.
    OK. I was being a bit harsh. But the Bad Ben of early in the season definitely showed its head again today. Just not sure whether to blame Bad Ben or Bad WRs... especially the Steelers #1 WR.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    OK. I was being a bit harsh. But the Bad Ben of early in the season definitely showed its head again today. Just not sure whether to blame Bad Ben or Bad WRs... especially the Steelers #1 WR.
    This was a total team fail,top to bottom.

Legend

User Info Menu

AJ green wishes he had someone like ben

dalton has a #3 overall pick in WR and a big , fast WR drafted in the 2nd. 2 recent !st rd TEs.
    ben has to hope the FO pulls gems out of their arse , which they did with AB and now hopefully with matarvis

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    AJ green wishes he had someone like ben

dalton has a #3 overall pick in WR and a big , fast WR drafted in the 2nd. 2 recent !st rd TEs.
    ben has to hope the FO pulls gems out of their arse , which they did with AB and now hopefully with matarvis
    Well that is the better way to build a team I think. Have a stud QB and find some gems for him. Seems to have worked well for a few years now.

Legend

User Info Menu

or maybe draft some top level talent to help him, like most teams do

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Ben threw some awful balls in this one. That is a common ingredient in our loses. However, he had no running game, horrendous playcalling (you can't constantly screen a team whose strength is their front 7), shoddy protection, and poor efforts from receivers (some leading to turnovers). They deserved to lose.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

The NFL Draft is NOTHING but a gamble. You can scout all you want and still lose out more times then not in the first rd. Smokey Holmes was MONEY at times but was he REALLY a 1st rd WR? Maybe in TALENT but not in heart as I see it. Plus the Steelers have tried to use 1st rd pick to help Ben. Most has been O-Line and I am not sure how that has worked for them. If there was a draft for players every time there contract came up I bet AB goes 1st rd now. Heath was 1st rd and has played like it. Bell could have went 1st rd I think now seeing him. Not sure what you want?

Legend

User Info Menu

Does Brady, Manning, Rodgers, etc have top level around them that they drafted at WR?

I don't know the answer to all of them but I know the Pats SUCK at drafting WR gems in the draft.