Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Deebo getting back into shape...according to him

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    I am going to tone up my arms in the gym so the Steelers sign me!
    You probably could use some lifting. Go for it.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    yes, harrison must mean he has to get his arms bigger
    (Sigh). Non work out dudes are funny. His arms are plenty BIG enough, they just had too much fat - illustrating he needs to be in better shape. Once he is in better shape, his play will improve, and it already is.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Favre transformed into Kenny Roger, which is kinda appropriate, since as a QB, he was always "The Gambler."

His head might look like Santa Clause, but his arms are still ripped. For those who want to know how to get ripped guns....yea, that's right.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    He wasn't just out of game shape, he was OUT OF SHAPE, meaning, he wasn't working out much, if at all, during his time off. He could have appeared to be in shape, if he was lifting and doing cardio, but I don't think he was. I did notice his arms are beginning to resemble what we remember them as. And just as he is starting to LOOK like he used to, he is starting to play like he used to. Good news.

Not correct. Unless he's been lying on his FB page. According to him, he's been working out all year in the weight room.

Football shape and working out in the weight room are 2 diff. things.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Did your Mom not show you enough affection as a child? Seriously, what is with the need to pat yourself on the back on a message board?

And kudos to you on being able to check out dudes like no other.

We've seen guys like this dude come and go for years, philly.... He obviously is some punk kid looking for attention.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Legend

User Info Menu

Is that a selfie?
    I wish! I typed in sick eats right again and thats the image I got.
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

(Sigh). Non work out dudes are funny. His arms are plenty BIG enough, they just had too much fat - illustrating he needs to be in better shape. Once he is in better shape, his play will improve, and it already is.
    We could go into how muscle tone and being "ripped" have little to do with functional strength and being in football shape, but I've been down this path before. I could point out how Casey Hampton was the strongest man in the league despite the "fat on his arms" (which is completely irrelevant), but you would probably come back with some kind of super clever remark like "bro, I bet you've never even slid on 6 plates before"

trollololol

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    Not correct. Unless he's been lying on his FB page. According to him, he's been working out all year in the weight room.

Football shape and working out in the weight room are 2 diff. things.
    Regardless of the reason, his arms were noticeably less cut when he started playing. Maybe he wasn't burning as many calories by just going to the gym as opposed as lifting AND running around on the field. But, whatever the case may be, his body fat % was higher than it was before his retirement. As he begins to get more cut (and he is) his play is improving in unison.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    We could go into how muscle tone and being "ripped" have little to do with functional strength and being in football shape, but I've been down this path before. I could point out how Casey Hampton was the strongest man in the league despite the "fat on his arms" (which is completely irrelevant), but you would probably come back with some kind of super clever remark like "bro, I bet you've never even slid on 6 plates before"

trollololol
    Wonderful. Comparing the body composition of a nose tackle to an OLB. What a compelling argument. Well, nothing else to debate now; that is an iron clad, sure-fire argument there. Now, I wonder if those two immensely different positions required the player to need greatly varying job skills? Let's see, OLBs are usually super fat guys right? I just spit out water out of my mouth. This is the funniest thing I will read/see all night.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Wonderful. Comparing the body composition of a nose tackle to an OLB. What a compelling argument. Well, nothing else to debate now; that is an iron clad, sure-fire argument there. Now, I wonder if those two immensely different positions required the player to need greatly varying job skills? Let's see, OLBs are usually super fat guys right? I just spit out water out of my mouth. This is the funniest thing I will read/see all night.
    Face it dude, this whole thread is garbage.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.